As Head of People Operations & Office Experience, you will be instrumental in scaling and leading Pattern’s People function. Reporting to the Chief Business Officer, you will work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders to support our team.
This role will be the lead architect in designing, implementing, and operating a People foundation that spans recruitment, employee experience, evaluation, and management -- leading processes and policies in service of realizing the company’s vision and mission, and ensuring a transparent, diverse, inclusive, and welcoming home for everyone at Pattern Brands. This is our first senior hire in this function.
This role is a remote position, but must be based within the US.
- Build a data-driven People organization and define and drive strategic goals and all aspects of the People function including: recruiting, diversity & inclusion, performance management, learning and development, employee engagement, total rewards, workforce and succession planning, compliance and culture initiatives
- Partner with senior executives to foster organizational consistency through different phases of growth and scale, e.g., help standardize titles, build out career ladders for roles, etc.
- Lead talent management, including all outward facing and internal functions. This includes recruiting and how we recruit. Internal focus includes onboarding, employee development, performance review process, policies and procedures for success
- Drive procurement process for the entire People Operations technology stack, from application tracking to payroll and benefits administration
- Oversee benefits administration
- Act as a liaison between employees and leadership to answer questions or concerns regarding company policies, practices, and regulations
- Maintain systems, standards, policies, and processes related to employee onboarding, change management, and off boarding, including Pattern’s HRIS
- Assume responsibility for labor and employee relations. Ensure ongoing compliance with relevant regulations and requirements (e.g. US wage and hour laws, data privacy laws, state regulations, etc.) to minimize risk and exposure to the company; manage compliance filings, etc.
- Ensure that Pattern’s values, culture, and diversity are reflected in all decisions, programs, and processes as the company scales
- Oversee all Office Operations, overseeing an Office & People Ops Snr Associate
- Degree in HR, organizational psychology or relevant discipline
- 7+ years of experience in similar People Operations role, ideally in a high growth early-stage organization
- Prior experience managing IT, facilities, or workplace strategy a plus
- Good understanding of Human Resource procedures, principles, and concepts
- Strong growth mindset
- Proactive, can-do and consultative approach
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Critical thinker
- Must be authorized to work in the United States