Lead Kabbage’s entry into the payments business. Guide the strategy for entry into the payments space, then roll up your sleeves and work to get it done.
What you'll be doing:
- Create Kabbage’s strategy to launch an omni-channel payments offering to small businesses under the payment facilitation model.
- Work across the organization to operationalize the payments strategy, with departments such as:
- Negotiate and contract with external parties (vertical SaaS providers, hardware providers, etc.) to operationalize the product.
What we're looking for in you:
- Team Builder: Brings people together to work effectively.
- Strategic Thinking/Visioning: Able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way; determines opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis of current and future trends.
- High standards: Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
- Organization and planning: Has the ability to effectively prioritize and sequence efforts both for him/herself as well as for a project.
- Persistence: Follows through on items without being managed. Resourceful, has grit, possesses "can do" attitude.
- Assertiveness: Moves quickly and takes a forceful stand without being overly abrasive.
- Flexibility/adaptability: Cool with rapidly changing priorities and projects.
- Calm under pressure: Ability to navigate and lead the team through high-priority last minute requests and other high stress situations; works well under high-pressure timelines.
- Ability to develop people: Coaches peoples in their current roles to improve performance, and prepares them for future roles.
What you should have:
- Deep experience in the payments industry with extensive business, financial, and technological acumen in the space.
- Understanding of money movement, payment processing, issuing, payment networks, disbursement of funds, payment platforms, etc.
- Experience growing a business from the ground up, leading a team that takes it from a minimum viable product to a meaningful piece of Kabbage’s revenue.
- Experience in managing payments and risk operations teams.
- Prior experience in a payment facilitator.