We are looking for our next Head of Paid Search to oversee our largest department and continue to expand our team in multiple offices! If you are a strong leader who can showcase a commanding presence in the boardroom and equally demonstrate a passion for coaching and mentoring all levels of your team, then this is your perfect match! You will be hands-on in overseeing strategy, driving innovation, all while supporting and pushing an already strong, driven, and talented team to continue developing their search and digital marketing expertise, business acumen, and leadership skills.
You Will Be
- Managing a team of 50+ individuals, directly supervising 6 Directors.
- Working with Directors to determining the correct roles, responsibilities, and expertise needed to scale and grow paid search practice. Managing the recruitment, retention, and professional development of the department.
- Leading paid search strategy with emphasis on holistic, full-funnel approach. Serve as agency lead for all search POV's
- Providing growth mapping & goal setting, and performing bi-annual formal performance reviews. A major focus will be on team building, cultivating individuality, physical and emotional well-being, and personal development.
- Working directly with CEO, CRO, and SVP's of Marketing and Client Services to spearhead agency new business and PR initiatives including Forrester interviews, conference attendance, content development for industry publications, audit/sales pitches, case studies, etc.
- Driving paid search work for clients, including strategy development, tactical expertise, and measurement of search programs.
- Identifying and determining paid search opportunities for all clients as they align with their digital marketing goals and strategies.
- Accountable for the quality of all paid search plans/strategies/services delivered to clients as well as client satisfaction.
- Acting as a central resource for information related to paid search – facilitate collaboration, knowledge sharing, and encourage the groundswell for paid search across teams and offices.
- Acting as key liaison with department heads, executive leadership, and account teams, to ensure investment and strategy alignment.
- Partnering with the creative teams for acquisition and the product teams focused on acquisition experiences on websites, to ensure managers are providing innovative solutions and strategies to end clients and sharing learnings with the team and agency.
- Partnering closely with internal stakeholders to capture and share learnings, providing thought leadership pertaining to emerging trends in search and collaborate on supporting and reaching holistic agency goals.
You Must Have
- Minimum of 6-10 years of experience in the development and implementation of media planning and buying strategies within the advertising industry. Specifically within Digital media with a focus on Paid Search in Google & Bing
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS). A Master's degree in a related field is a plus.
- Minimum of 4+ years of prior staff management, development and mentoring experience
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead teams in a highly collaborative environment to develop and execute paid search strategies, plans, and programs for clients in a variety of industries.
- Created high-level paid search strategies and integrate them into the overall marketing plan across various search platforms
- Deep knowledge of all aspects of the search space: platforms, vendors, measurement, content creation, media, technology, UX.
- Strong Understanding of creatives to drive direct response results from consumers that will achieve target CPAs
- Proficient knowledge with Google & Bing ad planning/buying (self-serve)
- The proven ability to be innovative and strategic in creating and managing a paid search discipline within an agency/business; including budget management resource planning
- Experience scaling paid search customer acquisition campaigns for a diverse range of clients and verticals (Must have: ecomm, retail, and lead gen experience Nice to have: hospitality, entertainment, financial services)
- Working experience managing multi-million dollar yearly media budgets
- Ability to perform media performance analysis using statistics and experience in identifying trends on large data sets (you can use pivots and VBA) and A/B and/or multivariate testing of ads and landing pages
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about complex issues, leading to thoughtful recommendations, action plans, and campaigns that drive high ROI
- Willingness to monitor campaigns as needed outside of operational hours
- Knack to delegate efficiently and manage internal media teams in the development and execution of effective plans for clients.
- A track record of participating in successful new business pitches.
- The ability to use consumer insights data, platform performance, and key paid search trends to inform the development of strategies and plans.
- Strong time and project management skills, with the ability to identify and respond to situations rapidly
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills; including strong presentation skills
- Active Paid Media certifications preferred
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9. For more information on E Verify, or if you believe that your employer has violated its E-Verify responsibilities, please contact DHS.