$200K — $250K *
As the Head of Outreach & Partnerships, Americas, you will lead a team that serves as the primary contact between TikTok's Trust & Safety - Americas team and civil society stakeholders (e.g., NGOs, academics). You will seek expertise, gather feedback, and test ideas to improve our platform and protect our users. You will advance our work in introducing and implementing policies, programs, and product features that improve safety, as well as enhance trust in our company.
What will I be doing?
- Identify and engage with external experts who can help enhance safety policies and product features across issue verticals (e.g. Minor Safety, Harassment & Bullying, Platform Integrity) and on topics of relevance (e.g. human rights, responsible innovation, transparency reporting, etc.)
- Develop and manage initiatives involving external partners, such as the fact-checking program, trusted NGO program and the Advisory Council. Contributions include developing strategies for partnership onboarding and evaluation as well as ways to incorporate partner feedback into program design.
- Oversee the development of educational materials for NGO’s and assist with onboarding and training of external groups to enhance their platform experience.
Enhancing TikTok’s reputation as a Respected Trust & Safety Player
- Work in partnership with internal teams to establish relationships/gain membership in forums of relevance to advancing TikTok's mission & reputation.
- Develop strategy around external conferences, speaking engagements, panels, discussion, webinars to enhance TikTok’s Trust and Safety narrative.
Designing safety narratives to further user safety
- Collaborate with internal teams to build trust & safety narratives and strategies to boost media literacy, digital literacy, and social literacy efforts on and off app across issue verticals and develop success metrics to evaluate impact.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience
- Significant background in partnerships, advocacy, business development, policy programming or operations management, product marketing, and/or policy comms
- Understanding of major social issues related to tech (e.g., ethics, human rights)
- Experience leading teams, as well as working cross-functionally with teams such as policy, legal, operations, and product
- Strong communication skills across technical and non-technical audiences
- Comfort with data, research, and academic disciplines
- Advanced degree in a relevant field (e.g., JD, PhD)
- Knowledge of mainstream video-sharing products, social media platforms and/or Trust & Safety
- Experience at a fast-growing tech company and/or a global company
Valid through: 12/22/2020
$80K — $100K
8 days ago
$150K — $180K + $75K bonus
$150K — $180K + $175K bonus + (no cap + multiple ae's making $1m+), + 1st quarter non-recover
6 days ago
$140K — $160K + $160K bonus + (no cap + multiple ae's making $1m+), + 1st quarter non-recovera
6 days ago