Your field of responsibility
Join us as the Functional Risk & Control Officer (FRCO) for the global Asset Management (AM) Risk organization. AM Risk offers an exciting and challenging functional management role covering all aspects of Operational Risk & Controls. Further, the remit / platform for this role has recently been expanded to include both Audit and Policy Management for the AM Risk function.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- acting as AM Risk’s point person for the operational risk framework promoting a strong culture of control, conduct and behaviour;
- leading the annual Risk and Control Self-Assessments (RCSA);
- ensuring adequate business risk (operational and supervisory) controls are in place;
- advising on strategy and key initiatives as it relates to the risk and control organization;
- ensuring that operational risk issues / events are escalated and documented in a timely manner, and investigations/remediation projects of incidents are managed appropriately;
- creating and implementing a framework for the new Audit and Policy management remit, which is in-line with expectations of third parties and would involve managing the end-to-end processes (e.g. from initiation of an audit through conducting an independent Quality Assurance review for the audit point closures).
Your future colleagues
You join the AM Risk Chief Operating Officer (COO) team in AM Risk, a global function with employees located in the US, UK, Switzerland, Poland, Brazil, and Singapore. The team is dedicated, hardworking and accustomed to working independently as well as collaboratively. We work with a high level of integrity, attention to detail and look for a colleague who shares our passion and high standards. We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values. You will serve as the Line Manager of one staff member who will collaborate and support on these responsibilities. Your team will enable to identify, manage, and reduce operational risk for core Business processes. The work involves extensive global interaction within AM Risk, the broader FRCO community, Internal Audit, the Credit Suisse Compliance and Policy team, and Non-Financial Risk Management across all seniority levels.
This position offers remote working opportunities for an agreed amount of days per week.
Your skills and experience
We are looking for an experienced professional with the below skills:
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in the Financial or risk & compliance industry with a strong understanding of risk, control and regulatory programs (e.g. in Operational Risk & Controls, Non-Financial Risk Management, and/or New Business roles). Prior employment with a large financial institution strongly preferred.
- Sound understanding of the risk/control best practices and industry/regulatory standards.
- Is inquisitive and has a genuine enthusiasm for risk and control/compliance.
- Highly motivated, organized, and detail-conscious self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication – in particular for senior management audiences.
- Hands-on previous involvement successfully delivering projects and taking ownership while managing a range of business partners and working under tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to base decisions on sound analysis and solve problems effectively.
- Familiarity with Asset Management is a strong plus.
- ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor training is a plus.
- Dedication to fostering an inclusive culture and value diverse perspectives