- ob ID: 18015656
- Citi’s Global Consumer Bank Chief Technology Officer (CTO) function is responsible for strategic and operational management of the technology environment supporting Citi’s Global Consumer Technology (GCT) function. Key responsibilities of the CTO include: enterprise architecture governance; technology innovation, strategy and roadmap development; software development technology, process and design standards; performance engineering and testing; development operations (devops) strategy and execution; operational management and optimization of infrastructure in conjunction with CTI; and production management of GCB’s global application portfolio.
- The Global Chief Architect of Digital Channels organization will be comprised of domain experts who are specifically focused on the architecture and strategy pertaining to channels where the customer engages Citi through mobile, web and device methods.
- The Head of Open Banking and Aggregator Architecture will report directly to the Global Chief Architect of Digital Channels. This role will orchestrate a forward looking technology plan for this domain to provide market-competitive (or differentiated as needed) capability at optimal speed and/or total cost of ownership. Specifically, the Head of Open Banking and Aggregator Architecture is expected to lead development of deep market insights, perform competitive assessments, understand and directly inform business and technology strategy, define the reference architecture, and create/maintain a roadmap of capability and investment aligned to critical business needs and technology requirements. This role will have a global strategic market focus for their domain while directly influencing the regional and LOB investment decisions to ensure they inform and further the reference architecture and roadmap pertaining to their domain. This role will also operate in a dual-function by managing a set of regional specific solutions architects who are focused on digital projects broader than just the Open Banking and Aggregators domain. As such, Head of Open Banking and Aggregator Architecture will indirectly report to the regional architect for accountability in maintaining alignment and governance with regional priorities.
- Maintain and apply a broad and current industry perspective on technology trends/opportunities, alternate solution providers and ranking, leading practices and our position/capability/performance relative to direct competitors and parallel industries/organizations. Ensure technology roadmaps are developed within the context of expected market developments and the opportunities/threats they present.
- Demonstrate technology thought leadership, foster productive business relationships and build strong sponsorship of our technology architecture and roadmap. Understand and influence business strategy, ensuring it’s informed by current and emerging technology capability and supported by our architecture and roadmap.
- Maintain reference architecture for the assigned domain(s), ensuring it’s anchored in current/emerging business requirements, consistent with enterprise and sector architectural tenets, supported by clearly defined financial and non-financial rationale and actionable within the context of Citi’s investment and risk appetite.
- Maintain domain level comprehensive technology roadmaps encompassing application and related infrastructure services that are consistent with the reference architecture and phased in accordance with business priorities, investment and risk appetite and regulatory, risk and compliance requirements.
- Maintain a comprehensive view of current and forecast domain economics (e.g. run cost trend, expected investment and potential impairments). Ensure roadmaps support business and technology financial objectives and both highlight and mitigate financialrisks to the extent possible.
- Provide domain leadership within global and regional architecture forums, ensuring the reference architecture and roadmap at domain level are informed by practical requirements and that design decisions remain consistent with the architecture and roadmap; ensure appropriate governance of exceptions and stringent follow-up to ensure all conditions of approval are met within the committed timeframe.
- Foster regionally aligned solution architect/design communities with intimate knowledge of our reference architecture and roadmaps and a governance process that will ensure our reference architecture and roadmap remain relevant within regional contexts and central to individual investment and project decisions.
- Ensure early engagement of partner organizations (e.g. CATE and CTI) in the development of our reference architecture and roadmap. Ensure planned capability can be satisfied by partner organizations within the timeframe required. Manage the consistency of partner organizations across regions.
- Manage a team of architects to support digital domain efforts. Provide leadership and mentorship in developing their careers while holding them accountable to their goals. Work in conjunction with the regional CTOs to manage workloads, deliverables, coaching, performance reviews and compensation recommendations.
- Develop high performing talent both in our CTO teams and the engineering teams we engage; develop a learning environment; demonstrate teamwork, respect and collaboration across the CTO function and with GCT, CTI, CATE and other partner organizations, and foster a culture of innovation, commercial savvy, dependability, pragmatism and excellence.
- Ensure all regulatory, compliance and internal control requirements are met, while maintaining a measured view of risk affecting all areas of CTO responsibility and structured and visible plans for mitigation of this risk.
- Lead regional tech and stakeholder collaboration to drive and publish a global technical roadmap for Open Banking product sets and journey maps using reuse as success measure. Partner with the digital engineering heads to develop Consumer Bank’s Open Banking and Aggregator platforms including instruction Kits, SDKs, Dev Guides, external facing API reference documents, experts, blogs, social, group helps, certificate progression from sandbox to production, metrics, reports and notifications across authorized APIs, managing volumes and throttling capabilities, profile and hierarchy management for authorizing functionality, service level monitoring, bug reporting and escalation process, T&Cs, rate agreements, billing management, overall internal developer portal platform and content management, versioning and modernization strategies. In addition, responsibility for overall governance of implemented security features, push protocols and ingest patterns to process external data and persist data within Citi persistence platform. Interface with Data and Security teams to address gaps and risks to building overall platform.
- Bachelordegree in computer science, information technology, software engineering or a related field
- Master’s degreepreferred