Industry: Accounting, Finance & Insurance•
Not Specified years
Posted 64 days ago
The Head of Shared Services has overall responsibility for the delivery of shared capabilities and services that achieves scale, efficiency and delivers results that meet high levels of consistency and quality on behalf of all Insurance Operations. Services delivered include, but not limited to: Business Intelligence, Learning & Performance, Quality Control, Regulatory Control, Regulatory Controls and Business Content Management.
* Accountable for the delivery of shared capabilities and services the support the broader organization including but not limited to: Business Intelligence, Learning & Performance, Quality Control, Regulatory Controls & Business Content Management.
* Develop & lead execution of Insurance Operations Shared Services strategy: establish and drive the strategic direction of Shared Services in alignment with the broader Operations strategy. Operationalize the strategy and ensure the achievement of scale and efficiency while driving consistently high quality service that meets or exceeds the needs of internal customers. Develop best practices and/or Center of Excellence (CoE) business model for all services.
* Understand the impact of shared service on acquisition and in-force unit costs, ensuring the cost and value of services align with industry best practices and Insurance Operations needs.
* Develop and lead Business Intelligence function including data analysts, technical/report developers and project management staff using Agile project methodology to facilitate business intelligence development and implementation. Responsible for leading the strategic design and maintenance of business intelligence applications, ensuring that the use of business intelligence applications enhances business decision-making capabilities.
* Lead an operations organization of approximately 100 employees across diverse functions. This includes staffing, developing and retaining a talented, diverse and highly engaged workforce. Provide guidance, coaching and development to direct management team and associates. Ensure demand/capacity model meets variable and growing demands. Strive to improve the organization's proficiency and professionalism through continuing education, and various development efforts.
* Implement continuous process improvement practices. Use lean business processes to streamline our operations and enhance the customer experience. Foster a culture of innovation and experimentation. Effectively lead the organization through change.
* Lead and/or participate in key initiatives for MMUS Insurance Operations. Maintain competitive awareness through participation in industry events and associations, study groups, etc.
Ranked No. 93 in the annual FORTUNE ® 500 Ranking (FORTUNE ® Magazine, June 2018) and recognized as a World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere, MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company owned by our policyowners, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It’s more than our company structure – it’s our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources, and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.