This position is part of the MassMutual Financial Advisor (MMFA) group. The MMFA group is responsible for continuously evolving MassMutual's financial advisor distribution channel. MMFA Marketing is committed to a vision to be the trusted marketing partner to our advisors that helps them stay relevant to consumers and grow their business with MassMutual. We seek to do this in a high caliber team. We are a flat organization, working as a cohesive team on multiple ideas/pilots, scaling existing businesses at any given time. Culturally, we look for individuals that challenge each other openly, regardless of level or role on the team and focus on data driven analysis and decision making.
As a member of the MassMutual Financial Advisors (MMFA) Marketing leadership team, you will lead the MMFA marketing content development team/Center of Excellence in an Agile model to drive thought leadership, MassMutual product concepts and consistency of voice. Your team will serve as the lead storyteller of MMFA marketing for our campaigns, product launches, events, and more. This role balances a strong understanding of MassMutual solutions (protection and wealth management) and the ability to apply and market those solutions in a simplified way to broader consumer needs and insights. This role also determines where and how messaging needs to be tailored based on consumer and advisor segmentation models.
- This individual must have a strong background in positioning Life Insurance solutions, with an emphasis on Whole Life, and a full understanding of how protection products support a consumer throughout their lifetime, including advanced sales concepts. You must also understand financial planning and how to position both wealth management and protection products within a financial planning framework based on consumer needs and industry trends. You will be responsible for building a team that is well versed in positioning all of MassMutual's proprietary products and non-proprietary investment solutions within the broader context of consumer needs. Your team should also have an understanding of behavioral finance and financial planning to ensure proper positioning of these products.
- This role will also be the main liaison between MMFA Marketing and Compliance. They will work with compliance to ensure we have consumer and advisor-facing content that meets the needs of our audiences and manages risk. The team will be responsible for standardized templates and approaches that work within industry policies.
- The Head of Content Development should have experience working with copywriters as a means to ensure content is relatable and consistent in tone and voice. The use of copywriters will be fundamental in the agile model due to the collaborative nature of the work and the desire for high quality storytelling and voice. This leader will also be responsible for the presentation of life insurance illustrations and how they support the overall sales process. This includes working with key stakeholders to understand and prioritize key illustration requirements and then partnering with technology to implement them.
- This role must consider all mediums where our content will live including, but not limited to, websites, company blogs, external content publications, social media campaigns, email campaigns, print materials (such as brochures), mobile, in-app, and other marketing communications. You will be responsible for the ongoing management of content through a standard approach to taxonomy and tagging and will work with the MMFA Marketing Operations team to ensure content is easy to find and access.
- Strong adherence to our MMFA strategic areas of focus, supported by customer research should drive how the content is created.
- The ability to lead a team of copy writers and technical SME's for illustrations and other technical content within the consistent MM brand voice will require demonstrated experience leading cross functional teams.
- 15+ years of experience in financial services/insurance product marketing and/or sales with insurance product manufacturers, including experience with advanced insurance sales concepts
- 7+ years of experience driving content marketing strategy with high-level understanding of the role and function of consistency of tone and voice when developing content across mediums
- Ability to apply a consumer mindset to content development by applying behavioral finance and financial planning concepts
- Experience working with brand marketing and copywriting to build broader story telling concepts
- A strong understanding of both direct and intermediary-driven content strategies and distribution models
- A desire to innovate how the industry talks to consumers about financial wellness and the role protection products play
- Well versed in financial services/insurance compliance regulations and experience working with compliance organizations to balance stakeholder positioning needs with risk
- A clear understanding of Insurance Ability to lead cross functional team and provide clear and concise process that drives engagement from those using our content
- Strategic Thought Leader that has been effective partnering across teams
- Fluency in digital-focused content marketing delivery methods.
- Proven success juggling multiple priorities through strong project management skills, leadership and collaboration across the enterprise with other senior leaders
- Demonstrated ability see value in strong copywriting and the balance between technical requirements and user-centered design for optimal customer use of content
- Strong business acumen and a true interest in and curiosity about the workings of the business
- Demonstrated ability to impact and influence senior leaders/peers
- Superb content skills with knowledge of how customers in our areas of focus absorb and interact with our content, ultimately driving action to sale
- Outstanding verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills as well as presentation
- Strong Team Leader
- Bachelor's Degree Required, Master's Degree Preferred
- Licensed in insurance required and series 7 and 24
- Certified Financial Planner is desired
- Based in Springfield, MA or Boston, MA with occasional WFH ability
- Microsoft office, BOX cloud, understanding of nuances across content mediums
- Collaborative office condition
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship