Our employees are our most valuable asset. We respect and listen to each other. We prioritize celebration and community. We believe in work/life balance, but we like when you bring your life to work. Seriously, we love meeting your dogs, cats, babies, husbands, girlfriends, moms, etc.
Our team is made up of dynamic, intelligent, best in class individuals. Our employees come from a variety of backgrounds and industries, and bring with them a unique perspective, which we are excited to listen to. We believe that our brand is the only as good as the people behind it, and that we are stronger as team than as individuals. We believe in collaboration. We are equal parts hard work and heart.
What we are looking for in our Head of Merchandising:
We are looking for a leader who is excited to define the future of Weddington Way, creating and driving the strategy, while getting their hands dirty in day-to-day execution as we build Weddington Way into a national consumer brand. Leaders at Weddington Way are both strategists and tacticians – we conceive, define and then drive. Every leader in the company operates with the customer in mind first – we start with the customer and work backwards in everything we do. This role will report directly to the CEO and will be the thought leader in the company on merchandise direction, assortment architecture, inventory planning and more as it relates to overall financial business goals and brand goals.
- ·Ability to lead and execute in a highly dynamic start-up environment. Define objectives, create processes, and navigate ambiguity for self and team.
- ·Work with leadership team to define growth goals and brand goals and then the merchandising strategy and budget required to drive those goals
- ·Create and drive the merchandise strategy, from growing our current business in bridesmaid dresses, to defining and leading the expansion into future categories (bridal, groomsmen, accessories and more)
- ·Define assortment architecture (styles/colors/sizes to add/drop, when, etc.) based on data (customer feedback, historical selling data, etc.) and influence brand direction through shaping product direction
- ·Support design/production in relationships with factories and sourcing agents, set and approve cost targets for merchandise
- ·Inventory planning (including but not limited to)
- oCreate inventory plan and budget needs based on sales targets
- oDefine and oversee purchase order and product delivery calendar with design/production team to properly time inflow of inventory
- oDynamically manage inventory levels to ensure we’re always in stock and selling through at the right rate (and defining what sell through should be)
- ·Create and own performance analysis – define, measure and analyze key business metrics to manage assortment and inventory levels to achieve (and exceed) sales targets
- ·Dynamic business management - identify sales growth opportunities based on assortment holes as well as liabilities that need to be managed and regularly iterate on strategy/plan accordingly
- ·Heavy cross functional leadership (including but not limited to)
- oOversee head of design/production and fashion designer
- oWork closely with marketing team on product timeline and associated marketing support, including photo shoots, campaigns, etc.
- oWork closely with store team – define assortment for Weddington Way stores, product knowledge and training in stores, etc.
Oversee dissemination of product information to stylist team (customer service) to ensure stylists are well versed in what makes our products special as well as product/delivery timelines, etc
- 10+ years work experience, including 5+ in merchandising, 2+ in inventory management, 5+ online
- MBA preferred but not required
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.*
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.