Pharmacyclics is committed to the development and commercialization of novel therapies intended to improve the quality and duration of life and to resolve serious unmet medical needs for cancer patients. Pharmacyclics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV), a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company. Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in more than 200 clinical trials for over 20 different types of cancer.
More than 1,200 Pharmacyclics and AbbVie research scientists, clinicians, marketing, operations and corporate professionals work in the San Francisco Bay Area. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. Together, we are striving to outsmart cancer.
To learn more about us, please visit us at http://www.pharmacyclics.com/
Executive Director, Marketing
General Position Summary/Purpose:
Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer, the Head of Marketing will be responsible for the commercial development of the brand in partnership with various functional groups to achieve financial objectives.
The candidate will drive the overall development of the product strategy and long-term life cycle to optimize current indications and new product launches. The Marketing team has approximately 15 people reporting into this function.
In addition, The Head of Marketing is also responsible for leading the Thought Leader Liaison function. The Thought Leader Liaison Team is comprised of a Director and a field-based team of individual contributors.
The candidate must be able to operate in a fast-paced organization, with high expectations and accountability on quality of deliverables. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced leader seeking to join a high performing team committed to making a difference for the betterment of patients.
Key Accountabilities/Core Job Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of the three-year strategic and one-year brand plan
- Lead large team with multiple reports
- Working closely with the training department to ensure seamless execution of tactical priorities
- Leverage non-personal promotion to ensure optimal reach and frequency to prioritized stakeholders
- Lead the development of the three-year strategic year brand plan
- Lead the quarterly business review process in collaboration with business analytics & insights
- Oversee the coordination and management of Peer to Peer, Speaker bureau, and KOL teams
- Serve as key liaison with cross-functional departments including market research, legal, regulatory, medical affairs, payer marketing, corporate compliance, consumer marketing and IT
- Lead projects through the legal, regulatory, and medical review process
- Develop and manage program budgets and develop metrics to ensure success of the programs
- Serve as key marketing partner with forecasting ensuring the development of key assumptions based on the strategic plan
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent; an advanced science or business degree such as a Pharm.D, PhD or MBA is preferred
- A minimum of 15 years of experience in developing, executing, and measuring marketing campaigns for specialty products or significant experience promoting hematology, oncology or related products
- High-level strategic thinking with the ability to concisely translate complex scientific topics to a wide range of audiences
- Demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility within sales and marketing
- Proven ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally to drive business results in a heavily matrixed, fast-paced environment
- Strong leadership and ability to drive influence across stakeholders to set direction, align work efforts, and ensure outstanding execution
- Experience working closely with field sales organizations to implement marketing programs with measurable business impact
- Outstanding project management skills and experience managing multiple vendors, marketing partners and agency partners
- Ability to effectively manage multiple competing priorities
- Strong understanding of legal and regulatory environment in pharmaceutical promotions, pharma industry guidelines, and other compliance-related issues
- Experience with a subpart H, US product launch is preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Experience with the management of budgets and vendors
- Ability to translate strategic vision into tactical action, identify the highest impact ideas and plans and focus efforts by resource allocation
- Ability to assess risks and benefits to make timely, sound decisions with various levels of information, and accept responsibly for meeting and/ or exceeding objectives.