MacroGenics is a leader in the discovery and development of innovative medicines that utilize our next generation antibody-based technologies. Our team of 300+ dedicated individuals is advancing a pipeline of product candidates to treat patients with cancer as well as various autoimmune disorders and infectious diseases. Our products and platforms have attracted multiple partnerships with leading pharmaceutical companies around the globe.
The Company considers its employees to be its most valuable asset and we are committed to providing opportunities for individuals to learn and grow as a means to further their professional development. MacroGenics' corporate culture promotes an atmosphere of innovation, open communication and teamwork where employees can see firsthand how they contribute to the success of the organization.
Summary of Position
The Head of Market Access & Reimbursement will lead MacroGenics’ efforts to ensure rapid access to MacroGenics’ pipeline of products starting with the upcoming first commercial launch. He/she will be an influential member of the commercial leadership team and will be responsible for collaborating across the organization to develop and lead a comprehensive reimbursement, pricing and access strategy and to build out the Market Access and Reimbursement function.
• Develops pricing, contracting, value and access strategies, builds out market access capabilities, and flawlessly executes on plan in support of MacroGenics’ first commercial launch. Provides expert view on the pricing and reimbursement system, evolving policy environment and competitive landscape to inform corporate strategy and long-range planning.
• Creates an evidence-based plan, informed by market research and advisory boards, to identify core customer needs, with the goal of optimizing patient access to MacroGenics’ therapies.
• Establishes reimbursement and affordability programs for patients and providers to optimize appropriate and timely access to MacroGenics’ products. This includes establishment of an Access Support hub.
• Develops and implements market access strategies and launch plans in the US to ensure broad market access and reimbursement by commercial and government payers. Oversees the development of strong product value propositions, marketing strategies, reimbursement dossiers, and other necessary tactics to demonstrate the value of MacroGenics’ innovative therapies.
• Coordinates with other internal functions to develop health economic analyses, economic dossiers, value messaging, pricing analysis and other materials as needed for field teams.
• Establishes relationships with stakeholders including payers, distributors, and providers to ensure appropriate access of our products.
• Collaborates with Finance, Legal, and other functions to establish consistent business rules and policies focused on market access activities, including price reporting, to ensure all Market Access activities comply with regulatory guidelines, and corporate policies and procedures.
• Establishes Key Performance metrics, builds dashboards, analyzes performance and recommends actions to resolve barriers to drug access.
• Develops and implements distribution plan for wholesalers, specialty pharmacy, 3PL interactions and any other related trade/channel partners.
• Oversees training of cross-functional teams to educate on key market access initiatives, messaging and materials.
• Ability to travel 25-50% of the time.
Education & Credentials
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field of study
• 12+ years of relevant professional level experience in the pharma/biotech industry
• Experience in leadership roles in market access, including; market access strategy, reimbursement and access support services, pricing & contracting, health economics & outcomes research
• A minimum of six years of people management experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated success with attracting and developing market access talent
• In depth understanding of all relevant laws and regulatory requirements pertaining to role
• Strong understanding of the business of oncology
• Strong patient-focused mindset – Patients First!
• Strong strategic thinking skills combined with the ability to execute, both individually and by leading teams, to achieve operational excellence in the face of challenging goals
• Ability to make sound and timely decisions
• Excellent working knowledge of US Market Access and Reimbursement Landscape and ability to communicate that knowledge to influence product and company strategy
• Able to set priorities for team, establish clear direction and objectives and maintain accountability
• Effective influence and relationship management skills with internal and external stakeholders
• Strong negotiating skills
• The ability to communicate both orally and in writing to a high standard, and handle group and individual presentations effectively
To be determined but position will have direct reports