Insmed understands that its most valuable resource is its employees. We place great value on the unique skills, talents and qualities that each of our employees brings to our company. We are building a world-class team with a focus on innovation, teamwork and the desire and ability to change the way our patients live.
Insmed is a fast-paced, high-energy organization that seeks talented individuals who are leaders in their respective functional areas of expertise, who are creative problem solvers and who have the desire to make a difference.
The Head of US Market Access is responsible for securing optimal patient access and reimbursement of Insmed's products in the US. This individual will be a core member of the US leadership team and lead a talented US market access team.
The Head of US Market Access will partner closely with stakeholders across the Company, including sales, marketing, medical affairs, HEOR, and finance, to secure and maintain optimal market access for our products to support US commercial success. The positionwill report to the General Manager, ARIKAYCE and is located in the Bridgewater, NJ headquarters.
- Lead a high performing team to ensure market access maximizes patient access, revenue and profitability of the ARIKAYCE launch and beyond
- Working with sales, marketing and finance teams, recommend and execute a US managed care strategy for payer and key channels, including commercial insurers, Pharmacy Benefit Managers (PBMs), Integrated Health Networks (IHN), State Medicaid, Medicare, and Federal VA/DoD channels
- Collaborate with marketing in the development of the product value proposition and other resources for US payers, as well as pull-through communications and resources for the US field team
- Provide input to HEOR and/or Medical Affairs to inform data generation plans to strengthen the ARIKAYCE produce value proposition
- Initiate and lead interactions with US payers to educate on Disease State and ARIKAYCE
- Provide input on US/Global pricing strategy
- Member of the US Commercial Leadership Team
- Serve on US pricing committee, and make recommendations, to ensure alignment with all key stakeholders as it relates toprice adjustments, best price and other related elements
- Monitor trends and potential coverage and reimbursement issues, existing and emerging government and payer policies, competitive pricing and contracting strategies, and potential barriers to provider and patient access.
- BS/BA degree; master's degree or higher preferred.
- 15+ years in the biopharmaceutical industry, with at least 7 years US market access function
- 5+ years experience leading and managing a team of market access professionals (including regional or national account management leadership) and working closely with senior company leaders
- Specialty product launch experience in the US; rare disease therapeutic launch experience a plus
- Prior payer account management experience preferred
- Deep understanding and compliance with the OIG and FDA regulations governing pharmaceutical marketing and the PhRMA code
- Strong strategic thinking skills, crafting innovative options, solving problems and prioritizing projects, and excellent communication skills
- Highly collaborative work style and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong presentation skills, comfortable presenting to senior leaders including board members
- Travel up to 50% domestically
Insmed is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will judge all applicants based on their qualifications for the job, without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Unsolicited resumes from agencies should not be forwarded to Insmed. Insmed will not be responsible for any fees arising from the use of resumes through this source. Insmed will only pay a fee to agencies if a formal agreement between Insmed and the agency has been established. The Human Resources department is responsible for all recruitment activities; please contact us directly to be considered for a formal agreement.
Please note that we review every submission and we will keep all submissions on file for six months. Insmed is an Equal Opportunity Employer.