Responsibilities and duties:
- Works with multiple stakeholders including: CGM SE (the parent company), the CEO of CGM US, and key business executives.
- Develops and provides leadership to a team of IT professionals in the design, development and implementation and ongoing support of CGM US management systems.
- Evaluates and recommends hardware platforms and software packages which will support flexible, state-of-the-art systems on an ongoing basis.
- Communicates project status against plan to senior management on a regular basis.
- Continually assesses and prioritizes modifications and updates to existing systems and furnishes users with the best and most cost effective solutions, whether procedural or those requiring automation.
- Prepares annual personnel plans, operating budgets and capital budgets and reports against same.
- Assures an ongoing program to develop and maintain up to date documentation for all systems.
- Acts as a subject matter expert; provides senior level support and expertise regarding all applications within the Central Information Technology group, CGM US.
- Evaluates staff’s training requirements and assures appropriate ongoing professional staff development.
- Provides direct formal supervision to the department establishing mutual goals and expectations at the beginning of the appraisal year, and provides continual informal performance feedback during the year, including the annual performance appraisal process.
- Responsible for functions related to recruiting, hiring, and disciplinary actions for the department.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field required. Advanced degree is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years experience being progressively responsible for positions within applications development, information systems, revenue management, financial and billing systems.
- Minimum of 5 years leadership experience gained from building high performing teams with strong client service orientation.
- Extensive in-depth knowledge of larger hosted infrastructures required.
- Experience working at a company with a SAAS offering desired.
- Experience delivering technology solutions in a complex and international business environment.
- A solid background in application development and maintenance with geographically distributed teams, and experience in vendor management of outsourced services.
- Experience with agile project management highly desired.
- Experience with both centralized and distributed systems and state of the art software systems.
- Must possess strong management, business, applications development and technical skills.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to interact effectively with multiple disciplines and at all levels of the organization.
- Proven people skills required in order to create, maintain, and enhance customer relationships.
- High level of initiative and works well in a team environment.
- Handles stressful situations and deadline pressures well.
- Plans and carries out responsibilities with minimal direction.