This is an excellent opportunity for a smart, world-class, curious and technically savvy leader to step into a freshly minted role and build a function while gaining valuable experience leading the IoT(Internet of Things) sourcing and operations for the company that is transforming today's connected world.
Head of IoT Sourcing and Operations will be a key partner to various teams using IoT technologies and partners based in Uber offices in San Francisco, Pittsburgh, and in other countries like Brazil, Mexico, India, Netherlands and Australia and will report to Head of Connectivity Sourcing and Operations. So if you're ready to lead IoT sourcing and operations for one of the world's most connected companies, please get in touch.
What You'll Do
- Drive sourcing and operations of business and technical projects related to following IoT areas at Uber - MNO (Mobile network operator) connectivity, MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator) Connectivity, Connectivity management, Subscription management, Modules (hardware), IoT performance improvement, Analytics and Data lakes
- Build out a global team based on business need. Comfortable working across various time zones to achieve results.
- Work with partner organizations and manage Statement Of Work (SOW) for resources provided to IoT Sourcing & Operations team.
- Hire and retain good talent.
- Attend and represent Uber's interests at key national and global IoT conferences.
- Build deep relationships with key IoT suppliers and partners to craft win-win solutions.
- Establish great working relationships with various IoT teams at Uber including Jump (Bikes & Scooters), Autonomous Technology Group, UberAir, IT Eng, Community Operations and Eats
- Be the point of escalation for all topics related to IoT Sourcing and Operations.
- Drive key projects and negotiate key deals.
- Provide regular status updates to key IoT stakeholders.
- Perform quarterly reporting to management on key metrics, successes and improvement area of the team.
- Use eRFP tools to source IoT related products and services.
- Provide actionable strategies to management including outlining scenarios, benefits, risks, and change management impact of each of those options.
- Lead the team to perform IoT supply market analysis, supplier identification and outreach, RFI/P development and execution, online bidding, supplier response analysis and negotiation
- Collaborate with and champion operational excellence and process improvement initiatives.
- Ensure business objectives are being met or exceeded, and strategic sourcing processes and systems are in compliance.
- Develop strong working relationships with Engineering, Program management, New Mobility division, Autonomous Technology Group, Strategic Finance, Legal, Procure-to-Pay and Accounts Payable teams
What You'll Need
- MBA or relevant graduate business degree
- Bachelor's degree in Communications Engineering or Electronics Engineering or any other related engineering field.
- 14+ years of engineering or business experience in telecom or IoT service provider environment preferred.
- Expert deal-maker
- Excellent understanding of IoT landscape
- Well connected in the IoT/ telecom industries.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Proven experience in partnerships, supplier/partner management and cost negotiations
- Ability to think strategically and operate tactically
- Ability to drive change and improve end-to-end processes
- Ability to flourish in an environment of fast growth and ambiguity