$250K — $300K + $100K bonus
Investments team (largely focused on Fixed Income) has been steady growing both in terms of assets under management and complexity. In order to maximize our ability to add value and partner in the growth of our business, we have created a new team focused on the Investments area.
This role will report to and work closely with the Chief Technology and Operations Officer and partner with the President/Head of Investments and the multiple investments teams to define and implement projects to support and transform our expanding business.
cThis role presents a great opportunity to form a critical function, work closely with investments, compliance and other business areas in a culture of collaboration and agility that exist in a mid-size firm.
We are seeking an individual with a solid understanding and experience with supporting Fixed Income front office users and related systems. Someone who will be able to apply these skills appropriately to an organization with the size and scale of of the firm.
· Establish a strong relationship with new President, senior investment team leaders and all portfolio management, trading and research professionals
· Create a business aligned function focused on the growing investment teams and products
· Ensure we are maximizing the capabilities of OMS and trading platforms. Develop and maintain a tight relationship with vendors. We use Bloomberg AIM and AllVue Black Mountain.
· Support Compliance and Middle Office teams in use of OMS and downstream settlement and reporting systems.
· Oversee the architecture and continue to develop our proprietary Fixed Income web portal (GFI Workbench) focused on analytics and tools for portfolio managers
· Retire or modernize legacy front office applications to our current platform standards
· Support the search, implementation and integration of any new portfolio management/decision support platforms
· Collaborate with Enterprise Data Services to guide data requirements for Investment use and integrate within investment platforms
· Develop, enhance and re-factor our business intelligence tools for investments
· Support emerging efforts for our FI Quant Research initiatives
Requirements / Skills
· 15+ years of experience in the Investment/Financial industry, with recent 5+ years delivering front office technology initiatives at asset management firms
· Direct experience developing technology strategy and systems design in financial services and specifically in trade execution and order generation
· Experience in selecting, architecting, integration and deploying industry standard OMS systems such as Bloomberg AIM, CRIMS, Longview, etc. is a must have for this role, preferably in Fixed Income environments (AIM is strongly preferred)
· Experience with Fixed Income execution platforms such as TradeWeb, MarketAxess, FXAll, FXConnect, etc.
· Strong technology application development, architecture and management experience.
· Have a development background and understand how to integrate systems, deploy web front ends, work with SQL databases and programming concepts.
· Proficient in documenting requirements , talking with business stakeholders, influence, articulating and raising queries/clarifications with stakeholders
· Strong functional understanding of the asset management domain, investment trade lifecycle (Analyst, PM, Trader), Fixed Income analytics and Fixed Income products and vehicles.
· 5+ years of Fixed Income experience. Experience with taxable (Sovereigns, Corporates, Bank Loan, Structured Securities (MBS, ABS, CMOs ) and tax-exempt securities. Specifically, as it relates to characteristics and analytics
· Strong foundation and hands on experience with core data concepts: SMF (Security Master), portfolios, holdings, lots, trades, benchmarks and issue/issuer relationships.
· Ability to execute multiple project simultaneously and independently
· Ability to balance tactical and business as usual needs while still progressing on strategic implementations
· Strong analytical thinking and problem‐solving skills
Differentiating Skills (Not Mandatory):
· Experience with Agile methodologies, running scrums and leveraging Jira in SDLC process
· Experiences with fixed income analytics systems such as InvestorTools Perform, Yieldbook, Intex, etc.
· Experience with Bloomberg data (Data License, DAPI, SAPI, B-PIPE)
Valid through: 4/26/2021
$130K — $170K + uncapped commissions