This positionworks closely with the Chief Investment Officer,Portfolio Managers, and corporate enterprise Compliance, Internal Control andAudit groups to assess and monitor Compliance in the American Family Insuranceportfolio ofinvestments. Responsible for leading all Compliance efforts, including but not limited to, daily compliance monitoring,audits, examinations, inquiries,reporting/certifications,due diligence meetings, and the development and maintenance of policies & procedures.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support or service
- Demonstrated experience partnering effectively with all levels of management.
- Demonstrated management or leadership experience.
- Demonstrated experience with buy-side Order Management Systems (i.e. CRD, Thinkfolio, Eze Castle, BlackRock Aladdin, Bloomberg AIM, etc.).
- Solid knowledge and understanding of Investment Advisers Act of 1940, Investment Company Act of 1940, ERISA, State Insurance Regulations, AML, KYC, Sanction Monitoring, and/or designing/executing Policies and Procedures.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of various investment types and strategies.
- Solid understanding of investment products and securities regulation.
- Strong understanding of a trading lifecycle.
Additional Job Information:
- Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of applicable background checks.
- Offer to selected candidate is contingent on signing a non-disclosure agreement for proprietary information, trade secrets, and inventions.
- Relocation assistance is available
- Candidates selected for an interview with the hiring manager will be asked to complete a leadership skills assessment.
Surveillance and Enforcement
- Responsible for leading the Investment Compliance Team.
- Responsible for overseeing daily Overnight Compliance on internally and externally managed separate accounts, and addressing any violations in a timely manner.
- Responsible for overseeing daily Pretrade Compliance on internally managed separate accounts and addressing violations as they occur real-time throughout the trading day.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable Federal (ERISA, SEC, NASD) and/or State regulations.
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting to management any potential Investment Policy violations and any other conflicts of interest that would result in unfair or illegal trading practices.
- Responsible for overseeing the rule coding process to ensure that rules are coded and functioning properly in BlackRock Aladdin.
- Provide ad hoc support to CIO, portfolio managers, and other departments on investment compliance requests.
- Provide thought leadership on industry best practices for compliance and educate the Investments team on new regulatory developments as they arise.
- Provide compliance oversight of external managers.
- Oversee annual State Certification for Homesite portfolios.
- Partner with corporate enterprise Compliance and Internal Controls/Audit to develop, implement, and enforce Policies and Procedures within the Investments Division.
- Lead the Investment Division in all internal or external examinations and audits.
- Lead annual IMA reviews, portfoliorisk assessments, and annual due diligence meetings with external managers to detect any Compliance Program deficiencies and/or risks to American Family Insurance.
- Perform mock audits of the Investments Division to determine the vulnerability of the business and assess material or systemic weaknesses and potential product-related risks.
- Continuously review and maintain Policies and Procedures in light of new developments in trading strategies, technology, guidelines, regulations, and/or daily workflows.
- Develop a standardized process for external managers` periodic compliance reporting and due diligence meetings.
Strategies Linked to the Division's Business Goals/Results
- Establishes, communicates, and implements departmental plans, objectives, and strategies.
- Participates as a member of the Management Team.
- Maintains an active awareness of American Family's business environments, corporate culture, and structure to support key decision-making.
Management/Leadership for Department or Unit
- Manages direct reports, systems, and projects to achieve department/unit goals in accordance with Company policies and practices.
- Prepares and analyzes department/unit plans and reports.
- Provides leadership by exhibiting influence and expertise, thus affecting the results of the operating area.
- Creates an effective work environment by developing a common vision, setting clear objectives, expecting teamwork, recognizing outstanding performance, and maintaining open communications.
- Develops staff through coaching, providing performance feedback, providing effective performance assessments, and establishing performance & development plans.