About Rent the Runway
Recently named #9 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list for 2018, Rent the Runway is transforming the $1.7 trillion global fashion industry by introducing clothing rental as a utility for women. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. Since our launch in late 2009, we have raised $210M from top-tier investors and built one of the most beloved brands on earth. We are proud to be both a profitable and high-growth business, with a loyal 8 million strong customer base who share the experience of renting as being empowering and smart.
Our 1000+ employees have a revolutionary spirit that permeates our culture. We’ve built - proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion brands - and we are obsessed with continuing to game change our customer experience.
We are also trying to revolutionize entrepreneurship itself - proving that diverse teams produce outsized impact. The Rent the Runway Foundation, which our two co-founders launched together in 2015, helps thousands of female entrepreneurs build and scale their own businesses with the mission of increasing the number of high growth women-led companies.
We are seeking a Head of Inventory Planning & Analytics to join our growing organization. The ideal candidate is a passionate analytical leader with experience in merchandise planning or running the supply function or a full business unit in a fast growing startup environment. In this role you will oversee critical inventory purchasing and pricing decisions for Rent the Runway. You will drive innovative thinking, pushing the team to find new ways to leverage RTR’s vast amount of data to optimize our merchandise assortment. Additionally, you will oversee a team of planners and site merchandisers providing leadership and guidance to manage one of the largest capital investments in the organization.
- Develop a deep understanding of how inventory is utilized across our different consumption models and continuously innovate on the core modeling framework
- Develop and execute seasonal inventory plans for our special occasion and high growth subscription businesses
- Ensure fidelity of our execution vs the plan across all elements of the inventory life cycle from pre-order, delivery, rental, to end of life. Ensure fidelity vs budget and articulate key assumptions and deviations as we execute
- Drive innovation in the inventory planning models and decisions. Partner with data science team to incorporate user-level behavioral and feedback data to optimize assortment selection by various attributes such as style persona,use cases, fit, location, etc.
- Work with the analytics and data science teams to run experiments that can isolate the impact of inventory on customer satisfaction and delight - beyond the assortment selection, develop a deeper understanding of macro customer preferences for variety, breadth, newness, specific brands etc.
- Armed with an understanding of inventory economics, iterate on reducing working capital needs collaboratively with the buying and finance functions
- Partner with business stakeholders to develop long range merchandise plans that incorporate new inventory streams with different economic structures
- Mentor and develop a team of inventory planners and site merchandisers – evolve their capabilities beyond the traditional planning function so that the team can work cross-functionally with data science, technology, product and marketing teams to maximize business impact
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or equivalent instruction and experience
- 10-12 years of experience in inventory analytics, merchandise planning or running a supply function of a full business unit with inventory assets, including multiple years in a leadership role
- Experience in a fast growing startup with constant evolution of roles
- Demonstrated leadership and management experience
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, and presentation skills
- Ability to operate independently while establishing strong working relationships with co-workers and cross-functional teams
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a drive for owning both high level strategy and execution details
- Ability to foster a positive and motivating work environment, encouraging feedback and innovation
- Ability to adapt well to change in direction and priority in a fast- paced and deadline-oriented environment