In the U.S., we employ more than 3,000 people across more than 20locations in 13 states. We are a leading technology provider serving five mission-critical markets: aerospace, defense, security, space and transportation. Globally, we employ more than 62,000 people in 56 countries allowing us to design and deploy equipment, systems and services to meet the demands of some of the most complex environments on the planet.
We are currently looking for a Head of Internal Communications, North America to join the Thales team in Arlington, VA.
- Establish an internal communications strategy for North America (Canada and US)
- Build a communications plan aligned with the objectives, strategic priorities and key messages of the Thales North America communications plan and in synergy with the Group and Global Business Unit communications plans
- Coordinate the implementation of the internal communications plan for North America, working with the Canada and US communications teams for all internal communications activities:
o Content creation
o Management of digitalchannels
o Delivery of managerial communications
o Production of events, etc.
- Implement working methods, operational processes and budget management mechanisms to share and integrate internal communications activities in North America effectively
- Work closely with Canada and US HR departments to ensure consistent delivery of employee communications to all Thales North America employees.
- Provide advice and guidance to Thales North America executive leadership on the delivery of internal executive communications in the region
- Identify and promote best practices for internal communications
- Design and track performance indicators to measure internal communications performance in Thales North America
Skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree -- Ideally, but not essentially, in Communications, Public Relations, English, Marketing, or a related field
- Minimum 7 years communications experience covering organizational / internal communications, PR or marketing communications
- Must have demonstrable ability to develop strategic communications plans, advise senior leaders on communications strategy, but also the ability to deliver at the tactical level.
- Strong written communication, presentation and planning skills with demonstrated experience speaking and writing clearly and convincingly, tailoring communication methods to customer’s requirements.
- Experience working across multiple levels (including executive level), functions and regions; able to clearly communicate complex information in an easy to understand manner; able to deliver key messages effectively both verbally and in writing
- Broad experience with a knowledge of print, digital and video technologies
- Job ID: R0023286