Our mission as a leading investment management firm is to help our clients achieve their long-term financial goals. We believe our associates are the key to this mission and we are always looking for talented individuals who share our commitment to our client’s success.
If you’re looking for challenging work experiences and the ability to learn in a collaborative culture, we invite you to explore the opportunities available at T. Rowe Price.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
This position has ultimate accountability in developing and implementing strategic and tactical audit plans that evaluate and test firm wide systems and processes alignment with best practices for safeguarding corporate assets, client assets, and personal and confidential information, as well as compliance with laws and regulations. Based on this position’s strategic view of the firm, makes recommendations to senior management, business unit leaders and/or Audit Committees to address issues and improve controls, processes and procedures that strengthen the firm’s operational effectiveness and reputation with clients and regulatory authorities. Navigates sensitivities associated with audit findings and ensures effective delivery of department’s services to broad array of internal and external constituents. A leader in attracting, retaining and developing top talent, and in motivating and leading a department ofinternal audit staff.
Strategy and Program Development:
- Develops a comprehensive understanding of the firm’s global businesses, processes and regulatory obligations, and works with peers, senior management and business leaders to develop a comprehensive and strategic plan for the internal audit group, to monitor firm’s procedures, processes and systems on a global basis.
- Keeps current on latest changes to laws and regulations as well as applicable industry trends in order to recommend and consequently implement approved measures to ensure programs, policies and procedures remain aligned with best practices and in compliance with regulatory mandates.
- Anticipates issues based on extensive knowledge of business trends and competitor practices and proposes direction and solutions.
- Works with risk, compliance and the businesses to develop firm wide and business specific audit priorities.
- Devises strategies to strengthen the firm’s operational effectiveness and enhance the firm’s reputation with clients and regulatory authorities.
Department Leadership and Talent Development:
- Provides oversight and leadership of specific projects within the program including setting priorities, evaluating outcomes and making recommendations.
- Identifies, attracts and develops top talent within the internal audit group, creating a destination for talent internally and externally and allowing rotations from and into the businesses.
- Fosters a culture of continuous improvement, intellectual curiosity, rigor and collaboration within the department.
- Provides meaningful feedback, recognition, and performance evaluation, appropriate career paths, and training and development opportunities for all associates.
Strategic Advice and Communications:
- Develops strategic dialogue with business unit leaders around their controls and processes including sharingaudit plans as well as specific project recommendations and discussing implementation of remediation plans. Proactively identifies areas of improvement in business units and consultatively partners with BU leaders to devise strategy to address them. Serves as an expert consultant and resource to BU leaders on highly complex issues.
- Participates with Risk, Compliance and senior leadership in risk assessments and assists with the development of strategic plans to mitigate risks.
- Is an active communicator with and strategic adviser to the CEO, CFO and Management Committee in monitoring, mitigating, communicating and recommending changes to the firm’s operating structure, processes, and compliance efforts.
- Plans and prepares presentations to the Audit Committees of the Mutual Fund and TRP Boards, regulatory authorities, and other audiences as appropriate.
- At least 10 years of experience in auditing, internal auditing or operational auditing of financial services firms
- B.S. Degree
- Internal Audit Certification
- Asset Management and Wealth Managementexperience
T. Rowe Price is an Equal Opportunity Employer