It's fun to work at a company where people truly believe in what they are doing!
- Lead and manage the following global infrastructure teams: Storage & Data Protection, Server Engineering, Network, Directory Services, Document Review Technical Services.
- Ensure all operational activities comply with enterprise (DTI-Epiq), industry (ITIL, ITSM, ISO), and where appropriate government standards, and all internal and client facing SLAs.
- Provide comprehensive reporting on data center asset utilizations, SLAs, and KPIs.
- Ensure availability, security, and reliability of client facing systems and applications, in alignment with business SLAs.
- Provide superior technology leadership in response to any critical incidents or major business/client impacting events.
- Ensure that all critical production processes and technologies that impact business operations are properly monitored.
- Lead infrastructure capacity planning and ensure that the infrastructure keeps pace with the company’s business growth. Assess needs and develop long-term goals for all data center architecture(s).
- Define requirements, design and implement redundant systems, and maintain policies and procedures for disaster recovery and archiving, to ensure effective protection and integrity of all data center assets.
- Partner with application teams, security teams and enterprise architects to create and maintain a secure, stable, scalable, manageable, and predictable infrastructure.
- Represent the infrastructure function as necessary on project teams and various other policy-establishment and decision-making forums.
- Work with various departments on Merger & Acquisition initiatives. Assist with due diligence, develop financial synergy plans, and lead the creation of integration and infrastructure consolidation plans.
- Develop and maintain staffing strategy, including tiered operations and permanent staff, to ensure complete, efficient coverage of global datacenter operations.
- Promote a supportive and collaborative working climate that results in a highly-engaged workforce.
- Promote DTI-Epiq’s cultural values in a manner resulting in a positive, client-focused, team-oriented, and results-driven team.
- Effectively develop and manage the department budget including forecasts, cost models, capital, and headcount investments.
- Maintain awareness of industry best practices and technology improvements, and translate important advances into unique and differentiating platforms and services.
Qualifications & Characteristics
- 15+ years of IT experience, with 10 years or more managing personnel.
- Experience managing suppliers/vendors that provide IT products and services.
- Capability for managing multiple concurrent projects with critical deadlines and cross-organizational dependencies.
- Strong oral and written communication skills which offer a confident, inspirational, and personalized executive presence.
- Personal buy-in to DTI-Epiq’s cultural values with a passion for associates, clients, products and services.
- Strategic and operational strength through consistent execution, speed, decisiveness, and risk taking.