Your task structure
In this position, you will be responsible for developing and executing the Company’s HR strategy that supports and aligns with the overall business strategy, operating plans, and Company values.
- Design, implement and manage local HR programs, processes and measures that support the overall business objectives, consistent with our desired company culture.
- Serve as an employee advocate to ensure employee’s views, concerns and perspectives are fully heard, understood and considered.
- Oversee and provide HR consulting, resolution and/or implementation support on a variety of Company initiatives and policies: talent management, employee development (recruiting, retention and succession planning), employee/labor relations, compensation, organization design, workforce planning, onboarding, etc.
- Ensure the Company’s HR practices and policies are fully compliant, and where possible, represent industry ‘best practice’.
Major Job Functions
- Function as a ‘business partner’ to the Management Team in matters involving HR dimensions. Be able to combine exceptional business awareness with strong all around knowledge of HR theory and practice.
- Ensure Company compliance with laws and regulations. Also manage all claims or grievances (i.e. Affirmative Action, EEOC, Harassment, NLRB, etc.).
- Monitor and administer insurance programs. Administer 401k/Profit-Sharing program. Communicate benefits to employees.
- Function as an ambassador to promote the Company’s values and culture, including Safety Culture.
- Actively engage with and support Divisional, Corporate and/or cross-divisional programs and initiatives.
- Organize and facilitate special events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your recipe for success
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or a related field.
- Minimum of ten (10) years progressive experience in Human Resources functions. Including, at least three (3) years of experience as a Human Resources Manager or leader, with multi-site experience.
- Excellent leadership skills, highly analytical and strong interpersonal skills. Proven ability to function in a collaborative, team-oriented environment. Strong and effective interpersonal skills for frequent interaction with employees at all levels of an organization.
- Demonstrated success in translating business strategies into organizational / HR strategies and measures. Must be able to think strategically and act tactically.
- Experience working with labor unions, as well as inside technical organizations both strongly preferred.
- Solid working knowledge of employment regulations and laws.
- Strong, recent experience with relevant software and platforms used frequently in the HR field (ADP, open enrollment platforms, recordkeeping/reporting systems, Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint).
- Must be able to regularly travel, particularly to Company’s US locations; but also, occasionally, internationally.
Your spectrum of advantages
In the ALTANA Group, you will work in a unique culture of innovation where the utmost importance is attached to promoting individual ideas and abilities as well as open, trusting interaction. ECKART America offers you many advantages. They include a competitive total compensation package that includes medical, dental, vision and prescription insurance, company paid life and accidental death insurance, long and short term disability insurance, a 401-k with a match, paid vacation and holidays and a tuition reimbursement program.
Job number: US00224