The Head of Human Resources develops and leads strategic HR work for DePuy Synthes, one of Johnson & Johnson’s franchises within the $25B Medical Devices sector. The successful candidate will help the creation and execution of business goals, enterprise and sector HR strategies. The Head of Human Resources collaborates with Centers of Expertise and global and regional HR leaders to execute the integrated HR strategy. This involves gaining their confidence as a trusted advisor, providing fact based insights and counsel to senior leaders, and incorporating best practices and innovative resources and tools. As J&J continues to implement a Global HR Transformation, this individual will play a critical role in shaping the future of HR at Johnson & Johnson
Key responsibilities for the Head of HR, Medical Devices, DePuy Synthes include the following:
- Partnering with business leaders to drive the achievement of business objectives in the areas of organization effectiveness, organizational design, succession planning, talent development, performance management, and workforce planning.
- Applying internal and external insights and talent dashboard analytics to create an integrated talent strategy resulting in a robust and diverse pipeline of leadership talent and the organization capabilities required to propel the business
- Partnering with the regional HR leaders to shape employee engagement and transformational change initiatives and implementation plans
- Driving a strong culture through application of organizational development interventions, coaching and business partnership with senior leaders
- Shaping and leading Talent – Diversity and Inclusion, talent acquisition; development; engagement; retention.
- Possessing the ability to lead a team through large scale change - partner and collaborate across boundaries and geographies.
- Ensuring the implementation of HR initiatives across the US business with flawless, timely, and consistent delivery. Ensure HR effectiveness and that support is allocated appropriately to meet the changing needs of the organization.
- Develop, mentor and guide HR resources to demonstrate a strong business mindset, strategic talent focus and proactive results-orientation
- Working collaboratively and seamlessly with embedded resources to launch integrated HR initiatives & solutions. This will include partnering with specialized HR areas to deliver solutions while maintaining consistency with other areas of the organization.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- A minimum of 15years of broad and progressive generalist human resources experience, some of which gained with a Fortune 500 organization recognized for best practices in human resources is required.
- He/She will have strong business acumen and a solid foundation as an HR generalist yet with capabilities in OD, change management and talent management.
- The candidate will have hands on experience in M&A integration and business model innovation.
- He/She will have well-rounded HR leadership experience including HR strategy development, talent management, talent acquisition, leadership development, total rewards and workforce engagement. The ability to collaborate with Business Partners and Centers of Expertise is critical.
- He/She will also have the proven experience in leading and influencing in a complex, decentralized and matrixed operating environment.
- Strong process orientation and project management skills are important as is a track record in leading a team and in team development.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and influencing skills are required. Strong executive coaching skills and ability to establish trusted partnerships with senior leaders to maximize their effectiveness as business and organizational leaders is required.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong, effective internal customer/business partner relationships is required. Ability to build strong cross-functional partnerships and work well in a team-based environment.
- Demonstrated change leadership, organizational development and design skills are required.
- Strategic thinking, big picture orientation with ability to zoom in and out as business challenges and needs are required.
- Intellectual curiosity and external focus, with strong knowledge of leading human capital practices and innovative talent management strategies is required.
- This position requires up 25% domestic and international travel.
Requisition ID: 2232180130