As Head of HR Compliance & Employee Relations, you will have the unique opportunity to build out this newly integrated function for a Fortune 100 organization. This team will work in conjunction with our partners across the enterprise: HR Business Partners, Ethics & Compliance, Security, Internal Audit and Employment Law. You will have the opportunity to play a critical and influential role on the HR Consulting and Talent Development leadership team, bringing subject matter expertise to the organization in Risk, Compliance and Employee Relations. The HR team at MassMutual is progressive and innovative and we are looking for a leader to evolve some of our existing Compliance & Employee Relations practices
REPORTS TO: Head of HR Consulting and Talent Management
- Responsible for HR Compliance including adherence with federal, state and local laws, legislative tracking, HIPAA and privacy, HR process audits and partnering closely with Compliance & Ethics team regarding company culture while encouraging employees to speak up, etc.
- Represents HR on all risk related matters including managing assessment of top strategic and operational risks in coordination with HR leadership and Legal based on current regulatory landscape and anticipated changes.
- Responsible for external reporting associated w/ EEOC, Affirmative Action, OFCCP and Veterans 4212.
- Develop standard internal metrics for HR, Compliance & Board of Directors to convey trends and opportunities related to Risk, Compliance and Employee Relations across the enterprise.
- Represent HR on the Policy Committee while managing and revising HR policies, procedures and practices in alignment with the Compliance & Ethics team to enhance the workplace and promote the company culture.
- Responsible for Employee Relations (ER) including strategy, standard work, audits and continuously improving our practices based on trust, mutual respect, strong performance, and accountability in support of the goals of MassMutual.
- Collaborate with HR Business Partners and other Investigation teams to ensure that investigations/disciplinary processes are thorough and handled in a fair, timely & consistent manner.
- Assess and document best practices for investigations, re-organizations, disciplinary action and off-boarding while maintaining storage, reporting and access of this information for internal users.
- Provide oversight and guidance for HR Business Partners on re-organizations and employment terminations.
- Develop and provide training to HR Business Partners and managers regarding employee relations issues, investigations, external/internal trends, re-organizations, etc.
- Manage or participate in strategic projects/programs requiring ER stakeholder input.
- Manage a team of 2-3 individuals
- Bachelor’s degree required; JD, MBA or other Advanced Degree preferred
- 8-10+ years of Employee Relations/Compliance/Human Resources
- Excellent leadership and coaching skills
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Experience influencing and advising on a wide range of employee relations issues
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex strategic projects
- Ability to establish strong cross-functional relationships at all levels of an organization
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with ability to analyze data while highlighting trends
- Ability to listen, but also to persuasively convey opinions and recommendations
- Expert knowledge of ER, labor relations, training, conflict resolution and direct experience leading complex investigations at all levels including executive level
- Deep understanding of FMLA, EEO laws, ADA and other employment-related laws & regulations
- Required to be discreet and maintain confidentiality
- Some travel may be required (Boston, New York, Phoenix)
- Must be able to work in the United States without sponsorship