Nextdoor is the neighborhood hub for you, your neighbors and the broader local community. Nextdoor’s purpose is to cultivate a kinder world where everyone has a neighborhood they can rely on.
Building connections in the real world is a universal human need. That truth, and the reality that neighborhoods are one of the most important and useful communities in our lives have been guiding principles for Nextdoor. Today, neighbors rely on Nextdoor in neighborhoods around the world in the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, France, the Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Sweden, Denmark, Australia and Canada, with many more to come.
Meet your Future Neighbors
Nextdoor is seeking an experienced Head of Growth, who brings a deep understanding of what it takes to build a global growth organization (team structure, metrics, channels, audience and budgets) and a global demand generation engine. Reporting to the Head of Marketing (CMO) and partnering closely with the Marketing, Revenue, Product and International teams, this person will own data-driven marketing related to target audience/account acquisition and cross-sell programs for both members and local (SMBs).
This position is strategic and given that we are a startup, also executional as necessary. The successful candidate possesses sharp business and ecosystem acumen, is results oriented and works collaboratively in a fast-paced environment. This person is also known for their ability to coach and manage a team.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Establish strategy and OKRs for all growth marketing programs and monitor investments to deliver improved ROI performance
- Manage portfolio of marketing programs, including affiliate, database and email marketing, account and audience-based marketing, search engine optimization, paid search and pipeline acceleration to drive product engagement and reach ambitious revenue targets
- Own the marketing technology stack and related operations, including demand generation marketing automation, database management, and analytics. Ensure that people, process and tools are optimally set up, aligned and integrated in order to achieve excellent performance and provide visibility and analytics on business results and effectiveness
- Apply qualitative and quantitative research methods along with rigorous A/B testing to arrive at a strong hypothesis that will advance the business. Attribution and marketing mix optimization for key segments will be critical
- Drive performance through results-driven and tried and tested as well as experimental approaches; monitor and analyze performance against marketing goals and over past performance
- Continually make and implement recommendations for optimization and ongoing growth, additional investment in time and money in line with strategic direction
- Mentor, coach and advance a unified team with a culture of excellence and clear system for understanding priorities, aligning to them and being accountable for delivering results
What You’ll Bring to The House
- 10+ years of marketing experience across tech enabled consumer products, experiences or multi-sided global marketplaces
- Successfully built and shaped the planning and execution of multiple, complex marketing programs, e.g., experimentation, ROI monitoring, multi-touch attribution modeling, incrementality testing
- Deep analytics background and a high degree of proficiency with rigorous data tools
- Data-driven decision making within imperfect or incomplete information environments
- Deep understanding of different aspects of product engagement and enterprise pipeline generation: digital marketing, integrated campaigns, sales development, etc.
- Strong leadership presence and ability to lead directly and through influence to drive execution of a strategy in a global organization with competing priorities
- Familiarity with CRM & CMS platform for email marketing (e.g. Hubspot), lead nurturing, and content management
- Knowledge of paid platforms (e.g. Facebook Ad Manager, Google AdWords, Google Tag Manager)
- Knowledge of attribution and funnel tracking platforms (e.g. Google Analytics 360) as well as Mobile Display, SEM/SEO, and affiliate marketing
At Nextdoor, we empower our employees to build stronger local communities. To create a platform where all feel welcome, we want our workforce to reflect the diversity of the customers we seek to serve. We encourage everyone interested in our purpose to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or any other trait that unfairly targets a group of people. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.