Head of Global Program Management
11 - 15 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
You will develop the strategic vision and build a high functioning and strategic PMO with impact across the enterprise. You will work with stakeholders at all levels across the organization to develop dashboards and key success metrics to manage projects, monitor operations, and improve transparency.
You’ll need to provide diplomatic and timely communication in an agile work environment with iterative planning and delivery cycles. The role is also responsible for developing a robust and flexible project and program methodology for use throughout the organization, as well as effective project and program delivery and project prioritization.
Specifically, you will
- Lead PMO of 100+ project and program leaders with hundreds of concurrent technical and business project implementations.
- Scale the PMO to support a business that is growing 50%+ YoY.
- Develop strategy for PMO, set goals and metrics for measuring progress, demonstrate the value of program management
- Maintain oversight of projects and the operational efficiency of the PMO.
- Implement governance and standards as well as set the correct expectations for planning and execution.
- Ensure team leadership has a clear understanding of goals and timelines of plans.
- Establish a culture of rapid iteration and learning from failure
- Analyze and solve problems across the business globally.
- Coach the managers in PMO.
- Ensure a consistent and shared understanding of best practices across teams and functions.
- Ensure clear and consistent performance and career expectations are in place for all roles and people in your organization.
- Influence peers and leadership to solve problems affecting how teams get their work done.
- Engage with peers, executive stakeholders, and PMO leadership to develop, communicate and promote PMO goals.
Requirements of the job
- You have 10+ years experience working in a technology company with a progressive career in program/project management.
- You have demonstrated experience leading a sizable team of project and program managers in a matrixed environment across multiple lines of business.
- You have built and lead an Enterprise PMO for a multinational corporation supporting a technology product.
- You have significant agile/leanexperience in organizations leveraging agile/lean methodologies and in-depth experience with specific agile methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, or SAFe.
- You have exceptional process, analytical and communication capabilities, with all levels.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally 20% of the time.