Based at the Kimberly-Clark Professional (KCP) Division global headquarters in Roswell, GA, the Head of Global KCP Strategy will report to the President of KCP. The selected strategist will contribute to identifying and capturing strategic business opportunities as well as driving implementation of related strategic initiatives, working with key business leaders throughout the business globally. In addition, s/he will be involved with recommendation development and decision making around portfolio management strategies that support KCP's growth and transformational vision, as well as support successful execution of KCP's global business plan, in preparation for a General Manager or broader position within Kimberly-Clark.
- KCP Strategy - The selected strategist will work closely with the KCP CFO, KCP Global
- President, and other senior members of the KCP Global Leadership Team in leading the development of the KCP strategy. Additionally, s/he will work with business unit teams to create strategies across the KCP portfolio that add considerable value, and ensure these strategies result in actionable plans.
- Guide end-to-end strategy development and make adjustments to existing strategies based upon new learning and changes in the competitive environment. Evaluate the business portfolio and make recommendations on changes to the focus and levels of investment/ resource allocation. Contribute to business growth by identifying and prioritizing potential business opportunities and evaluating potential investments, strategic partnerships, and/or M&A activities. Assist in the deployment of KCP's Global Business Plan. Identify and personally lead high-impact globally-oriented change.
- Business Unit Strategies and Global Interactions – Counsel business leadership to ensure their strategies are correlated with the Global KCP strategy. Embed long-term strategic thinking into on-going business processes within KCP. Lead and support development / management of strategic plans across KCP.
- Environmental Monitoring – Monitor, track, interpret, and share external and competitive trends. Stay abreast of industry, competitive, and innovation trends that can impact KCP. Analyze competitive intelligence from cross-functional, multi-national sources across the company and translate it to meaningful implications and actions. Coordinate KCP's Business and Competitive Risk Management efforts.
- Personal Impact and Communications – Add personal insight, galvanize discussion and debate across the organization on key strategic issues, generating ideas and creative frameworks, and use a combination of facts, judgment, and personal impact to build credibility and influence outcomes. Work jointly with the KCP CFO and others in making presentations to the KCP President and Global Leadership Team on strategic matters pertaining to Global KCP strategy.
Candidate Specification – Key Selection Criteria
The ideal candidate possesses the following key experiences:
- Minimum ten years experience, including:
- Three years post-MBA experience in one of the Big Three consulting firms (Bain, BCG, McKinsey, etc.)
- Pre-MBA consulting experience with post-MBA leadership experience, or several
- years of experience in both consulting and industry.
- Additional industry business leadership experience. Either later experience in a consumer goods or B2B manufacturing company in strategy development, finance, operations, marketing, or other role with strategic responsibilities.
- Extensive consumer goods or B2B manufacturing industry knowledge. Has deep understanding of market, customer, competitor and technology/innovation trends. This may include packaged goods, other durable or non-durable consumer goods, personal care, or in-depth provider knowledge.
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced setting: enthusiastic about the potential strategic options facing KCP, well-grounded in pragmatic approaches to structuring options available.
- Experience working in the context of a large, complex, global organization where working across boundaries and leading through influence are keys to success. Negotiates "wins" across functional and sector boundaries.
- MBA (or equivalent experience) from a first-tier business school or a Bachelors with extensive leadership and strategy experience.
- Executive presence – is viewed as promotable to a General Manager, line operating role or a broader position within Kimberly-Clark.
- Global perspective. Extra credit for multi-cultural background, including language skills and
- non-American backgrounds.
Ideal Personal Profile
- Strategic Vision/Thought Leadership
- Communication/Personal Impact
- Change Management
- Business Achievement Drive/Performance Driven
- Team/Process Leadership.