For Us, It's A Mission At Mylan, we mean it when we say we work every day to provide access to high quality medicines to the world's 7 billion people. If you are unconventional, relentless and passionate. If you believe in doing what's right, not what's easy. If you are a doer and have a passion for serving others, we want to talk to you. Make a DifferenceAt Mylan, each person has the ability to make a difference. From the providers who sell and market our products, to the producers who develop and manufacture them and finally to our business partners who support the providers and producers, we all have a mission critical role. Here's how this role will help:
- This role will oversee global corporate environmental, health and safety (EHS) by leading developing and implementing strategies to address ever-changing complex environmental, safety and health laws and regulations to achieve and maintain compliance, minimize the risk of injury and illness.
- Direct strategic planning and the development of goals, objectives, policies, procedures, and processes within the Company that support the “best work environment” and the effective business operations of the Corporate Environmental, Health, and Safety Departments.
- Lead external engagements and ensure delivery of our global sustainability goals.
- Review departmental business strategy and evaluate possible integration of new industry tools and technology to increase departmental efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Provide insight and overview relative to environmental impact statements, safety audits, and analyses of industrial incidents and occupational accidents. Review or prepare reports with recommendations for corrective actions.
- Provide oversight and coordinate the implementation and execution of comprehensive corporate strategies to ensure a safe, environmentally sound workplace, and secure the business interests of Mylan Laboratories Inc. and its subsidiaries.
- Work with administrators, directors, and other employees to develop, implement, maintain and review appropriate environmental, safety and security policies and practices for globally.
- Coordinate planning and forecasting processes for business statistics, operational budget and expenses, and capital budget. Control budgets, and staffing across both departments.
- Participate in and ensure successful execution of the following supervisory functions within the department: Interviewing, hiring, training employees, setting expectations, organizational development, performance management, succession planning, motivating, coaching, and problem resolution.
Make Our Values Your Values
Mylan hires only the best. People who thrive in a culture of innovation and empowerment. People who are active learners and have a positive attitude. People who are leaders and know that by working together we can run faster, reach higher and achieve more. By doing so, we will continue to set new standards in health care. Here are the minimum qualifications and essential functions for this position:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) and 15 years of experience. Related experience and/or education may be considered. Experience within a global organization that has a large multi-site manufacturing base is required.
- Must have experience within a global corporate domain of building a world class EH&S capability.
- Pharmaceutical industry experience is strongly preferred.
- Must have a high level of awareness and proficiency in reading and interpreting the various codes, regulations and advisory criteria that are relevant to Mylan’s business operations around the globe.
- Must possess exceptional leadership skills that encompass visioning, planning, critical thinking.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 75% or as needed.
- Proficiency in speaking, comprehending, reading and writing English is required.