WHO ARE WE?
We are the Global Health & Wellbeing team at Unilever. We are the newest Division with a start-up mindset (just a few years old), focused on one of Unilever’s largest growth opportunities – the Health & Wellbeing space.
We work in an agile and entrepreneurial way, collaboratively within the team and with Unilever colleagues around the world. We work on many projects at any one time, and our team members need to not only be able to multi-task, but also need to take a step back and think strategically as well as rolling up their sleeves and get their hands dirty. We are an entrepreneurial bunch who love to experiment, but also bring in the best of Unilever to support the growth ambition of an amazing set of acquired purpose-led and future-fit businesses.
Unilever’s Health & Wellbeing Group holds the company’s functional nutrition brands and the portfolio of brands that includes Equilibra (Italy) and US acquired brands OLLY, Liquid I.V., SmartyPants Vitamins, Welly and Onnit . Each Company is completely unique and focused on giving their consumers superior health and wellbeing experiences within their respective spaces and target segments. We are committed to continue grow this strategic business for Unilever through a series of acquisitions and international expansion of acquired brands through Unilever’s scale and network in the markets.
We are looking for a versatile senior Communications professional with experience and potential to grow with our high growth businesses.
The Global Health & Wellbeing (H&W) Communications Lead will be:
- A born leader: Serve as the key strategist and lead for all internal and external communications, including Mergers and Acquisitions communications.
- A strategy guru: Build and maintain strong understanding of Unilever’s H&W business, Unilever’s total business and acquired Companies strategic priorities and performance narratives.
- A dot connector: Be a trusted advisor and confidante to senior leaders.
- A negotiator: Ability to manage highly complex situations with multiple senior stakeholders in multiple time zones.
- A changemaker: Aggressively pursue measurable improvements in the external understanding of Unilever’s H&W business and brands through the development of a key media and influencer engagement.
- A paradox navigator: Ability to manage multiple tasks under tight timelines.
- A culture & change champion: Build and maintain a wide network internally as well as build strong network within corporate communications community externally
- A passionate and purpose-led person: Passionate improving people’s lives with bettering the Health & Wellness of millions of people globally.
KEY EXPERIENCES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 10+ years of professional experience in corporate communications, preferably in Fast Moving Consumer Goods sector.
- Proven track record in developing and executing strategic communications platforms for internal and external audiences.
- Proven track record with media engagement and social media traction.
- Experience in M&A communications preferred.
- Experience in a global/international role preferred with an appreciation for cultural nuances
- Confidence and ability to create and manage relationships with both internal and external stakeholders and influencers
- Experience in global organization or highly networked companies strongly preferred
- Strong writing credentials and the ability to write for senior leaders each with a unique tone of voice.
- Ability to work autonomously, but be a highly networked connector for our business and our brands