In this role, the Head of Global Accounts Sales Strategy & Operations will lead a growing, high-performing and global team of Operations Managers, Program Managers and Business Intelligence Analysts to deliver timely and accurate business insights, decision-support, strategic project / program management and own core sales operations and annual planning processes. This is a highly-visible role within an established senior leadership team, and the right candidate must have the ability to influence at all levels across Sales, Marketing, Solution Architecture, Business Development, Professional Services, Legal, Finance and other Operations teams. This person will partner with the VP of Global Accounts to define a plan and the strategy to achieve it, while establishing a structured and disciplined management framework, holding all cross-functional leaders accountable for their ongoing inputs and delivering results. They will own all periodic business reviews and the overall assessment of business performance, and where necessary, drive ownership of corrective actions to ensure organizational goals are exceeded.
The successful candidate will work with peers in the APAC, EMEA, Americas, Japan and China regions, as well as central WW teams, to ensure the unique and evolving needs of complex multinational customers are met – and exceeded - by the AWS field organization. They will influence the continuous improvement of forecast models, segmentation frameworks, sales compensation / incentives, marketing initiatives, business intelligence / reporting tools and other field activities to enable this. This person will habitually analyze historic results and make valuable business recommendations to senior management based on those analyses – all in an environment of rapid growth and increasing complexity.
The Head of Global Accounts Sales Strategy & Operations will drive improvements to the reporting tools, methods, and processes utilized by the team to increase the availability and granularity of actionable data to their customers. This position also manages the administration and execution of the team’s targets, including segmentation of business goals, measurement of goal attainment, evolving and driving various demand generation campaigns and proposing improvements to the business to increase its effectiveness in driving desired results.
The successful candidate must be able to roll-up his/her sleeves, and work directly with the models/data. He/she will be passionate about their work, detail-oriented, analytical, and have excellent problem-solving abilities. He/she will be experienced at working with large data sets and the technical tools needed to work with them. He/she will have superb communication and customer-relationship skills, outstanding analytic insight, and be a passionate advocate for their customers to other internal parties. Active collaboration with leadership in AWS Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence, Business Development, Finance, Marketing, Recruiting, and Compensation will be crucial to the effective execution of the responsibilities. He/she will drive towards simple, scalable solutions to difficult problems, have excellent project-management skills, and be able to communicate complex analytical results, both written and verbally, in a clear and easy-to-understand way.
· Lead a high-performing, geographically dispersed team of Operations Managers, Program Managers and Business Intelligence Analysts to enable critical insight and operational excellence across the Global Accounts organization. Ensure they have clarity of purpose and ownership.
· Partner with the VP of Global Accounts in defining the operating plan / business strategy and hold cross-functional leaders to delivering results.
· Working with senior management, lead the annual goal-setting, budgeting and ongoing review process.
· Establish and manage the operational cadence including sales pipeline reviews / forecasts, monthly and quarterly business reviews and annual planning cycles.
· Collaborate on the design, development, maintenance, and delivery/presentation of forecasting models, metrics, reports, analyses, and dashboards to drive key business decisions across Global Accounts.
· Lead initiatives across the WW Operations group and be an active participant on this team.
· Maintain thorough knowledge of existing and emerging 3rd party data sources as needed for Analytics.
· A seasoned team leader / people manager, with the ability to motivate and provide direction to a high-performing team, as well as hire market-leading talent.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Computer Science, or related field. MBA highly favorable.
· Significant experience in a senior leadership role in Sales Operations, Strategy, Management Consulting, Business Development, or other related fields.
· Proven experience with the development and implementation of systems/tool utilized for CRM, variable compensation, revenue reporting, forecasting, sales force automation, etc.
· Expert level in Excel and Data query tools.
· Strong business-process design experience.
· Exhibits sound business judgment, a proven ability to influence others, strong analytical skills, and a proven track record of taking ownership, leading data-driven analyses, and influencing results.
· Able to operate successfully in a lean, fast-paced organization, and to create a vision and organization that can scale quickly.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a track record of presenting to senior management – ability to influence is critical.
· Experience working within a high-growth, technology company would be highly beneficial
Job ID: 615504