$170K — $225K + $250K bonus
About Prime / Freedom Capital Markets
Since our founding in 1986, we have acted as an agency only broker-dealer operating on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange. Today we execute trades for over 750 million shares per month for a wide variety of buy and sell side clients. We are one of the top independent “Blue Line” NYSE firms, which enables us to access liquidity in multiple marketplaces to meet our “best execution” obligation to our clientele.
In December of 2020 Prime Executions, Inc. was acquired by Freedom Holding Corp. (Nasdaq: FRHC), a U.S. financial services holding company conducting securities brokerage, investment counseling, investment banking, underwriting and banking services through its subsidiaries. Through Prime Executions, FRHC is now expanding its product offerings for clients to better access the public and private capital markets in the US. This new division, Freedom Capital Markets (FCM), will operate under Prime Executions and will service the needs of FRHC’s clients by primarily acting as a selling group member to resell securities syndicated by a lead underwriter or syndicate group.
The Head of Freedom Capital Markets will oversee the capital markets deal team with a focus on managing and executing selling group, syndicate, and underwriting transactions. The individual will work as a product specialist to create and deliver financing solutions through equity, equity-linked and/or derivative products to the company’s clients. The individual will ideally have experience working at a leading provider of corporate trust and agency services, covering domestic and cross-border transactions. Other job responsibilities may be as follows:
· Build and maintain relationships with client senior executives. Actively develop, manage, and participate in firm’s business development and marketing initiatives
· Manage the transaction process from start to finish as the leader of a deal team; always exceeding client expectations
· Monitor client, industry and regulatory agencies for potential changes that may affect client portfolio and business needs
· Generates significant and sustained revenue and recognizes future revenue opportunities
· Analyze financial information (economic, industrial, and corporate developments) to produce forecasts of business, industry, and economic conditions for use in advising clients on deals
· Review and continually assess performance of existing accounts and client relationships and understand client needs by providing relevant ideas and opinions to generate recommendations
· Balance the firm's risk appetite with client needs when making recommendations / proposals
· Provide deal expertise and prepares/oversees delivery of creative and timely pitches (with and without junior team members)
· Lead the coordination and presentation of multi-jurisdictional sales proposals to international clients
· Conduct due diligence (e.g., client visits, analyzing business models, and comprehensively reviewing industry trends and related regulations)
· Work with specialists as needed to support successful deal completion
· Understand the complexity of transactions and related risks (credit, market, operational, legal/compliance, etc.)
· Act as a trusted advisor to senior leaders for making business decisions and implementing strategic initiatives.
· Recommends and takes ownership of measures to improve organizational effectiveness
· Provide motivation and guidance for the team by acting as lead trainer, providing constructive feedback, and articulating the roles and objectives for FCM team members.
· Actively participate in recruiting and training activities
· Work alongside the Compliance team to ensure all FCM activities are in compliance with applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures
· Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA / CFA strongly preferred
· FINRA Licenses: Series 7, 24, 63 & 79
· Significant equity capital markets syndicate leadership experience (8+ years)
· Demonstrates ability to win business from new clients and develop new relationships
· Motivated self-starter and team player with a high level of maturity, excellent people and project management skills and ability to function in an entrepreneurial atmosphere with limited supervision.
· Deep knowledge of and strong passion for global capital markets including: IPOs, secondary offerings, after-money-transactions, SPACs, bond issues, syndicated loans, structured finance, and project finance
· Ability to position and sell high growth investment opportunities across key sectors covered at FCM
· Strong knowledge of institutional investor landscape and ability to customize investor targets for specific situations
· Commitment to satisfying all customer (internal/external) demands
· Entrepreneurial spirit: the ability wear many “hats” and have a positive attitude where no job is too small
· A creative approach to analysis and work product
· Immensely detail-oriented and unparalleled work ethic
· Extremely respectful, a superb listener, and a strong focus on integrity (as described by Jensen and Erhard)
Valid through: 6/22/2021