As the Head of Financial Audits, you'll report to the Global Head of Internal Audit and partner together to build and mature our SOX and Financial Compliance Internal Audits program. You'll be responsible for directing activities relating to financial compliance with applicable laws and regulations, particularly requirements as defined by Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
This role involves extensive collaboration with teams across Palantir, including Finance, IT and Legal. In partnership with the Systems and Technology Audits leader you’ll work on building out an end-to-end SOX compliance program and execute against it in a high-growth environment. You will also help develop longer term strategies for Palantir's internal audit department, including the build of the enterprise risk management (ERM) function, establishing a formal, risk-based operational audit methodology, and supporting multiple regulatory compliance requirements. You will also oversee the execution of other financial compliance and operational risk related internal audit efforts.
Our ideal candidate will have a solution-oriented mindset and risk-based approach to identifying, evaluating, and addressing critical SOX 404 compliance risks, operational business risks and the relevant governance processes.
- Drive and manage SOX compliance activities - including annual planning for the program (risk assessment and determining scope), walk-throughs, documenting and analyzing procedures and controls, preparing and reviewing appropriate work papers, and continuously working to enhance the SOX program to become more efficient and effective.
- Coordinate with co-sourced providers, external auditors, internal leaders and process owners to ensure engagement and timely execution of audit work and the SOX compliance program including alignment on SOX planning, walk-throughs/testing, audit requests, and deficiency evaluation.
- Serve as a reliable and insightful ‘go-to’ partner to the business in providing internal control advisory services, and assisting in redesign and implementation efforts that improve the control environment and address control deficiencies.
- Own education and training of control owners so they better understand internal controls framework and their responsibilities for internal controls over financial reporting.
- Lead and manage all phases of financial compliance and operational audits, including but not limited to, audit risk assessment - scoping, planning, fieldwork, execution, and reporting.
- Participate in process reviews and identify opportunities for improvements in operational efficiency and overall effectiveness of the processes and controls.
- Prepare clear, written, fact-based reports for board and leadership use and working with management on documenting action steps to reduce risk.
- Research and stay current on new technical literature applicable to the internal control process (e.g. PCAOB guidance, SEC, COSO etc.).
What We Value
- 12+ years of audit and project management experience (including 3+ years’ management experience) within an Internal Audit or SOX function at a public company and/or with a public accounting firm.
- Professional certification such as CPA, CA or CIA required.
- Experience in financial controls audits covering revenue process in software services company is required.
- Experience in the use of auditing and assessment frameworks, the application of professional standards, and in performing risk assessments.
- Ability to leverage data analytics to perform targeted sampling techniques and using automation for continuous monitoring.
- Deep knowledge of GAAP, COSO, Sarbanes Oxley Act, and PCAOB Rules, as well as knowledge of the IIAs Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Code of Ethics
- Experience with leadership reporting, leveraging effective written and verbal communication