SmartHop is looking for a Head of Finance and in this newly created role will develop and lead all finance efforts for the Company, work with our outsourced finance, accounting, and legal partners, and will have the opportunity to structure and build the in-house team needed. This individual will be working closely with our CEO and the executive team and will provide tactical and strategic support in all aspects of our finances. The candidate will be a strategic individual with 7-10 years of managerial accounting and financial management experience in a rapidly growing start-up environment. This role will be ever-changing and will require the candidate to be flexible and open-minded, with close attention to detail and processes.
- Act as the primary financial strategist and strategic partner to the CEO and executive team.
- Manage financial planning and analysis.
- Define and deliver on all objectives and targets set for the business, with excellence and effectiveness.
- Work with in place consultants and team members to direct all aspects of finance and accounting operations.
- Demonstrate a proficiency for evaluating ROI, cost variable, and other dimensions of the financial opportunities or risks in proposed new projects.
- Oversee all transactions related to general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll, and financial reporting locally and overseas.
- Communicate, engage and interact with the Board of Directors, CEO, General Manager, and the rest of the Executive Team.
- Coordinate and review monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
- Oversee stock administration
- Provide strategic guidance around capital financing options to support the startup’s growth
- Develop future corporate fundraising strategy and manage relationships with partners and investors
- Represent the company externally, as necessary, particularly in banking and lease negotiations
- Manage internal and external teams by setting expectations, training internal staff accountants, and developing training modules and templates
- Manage outside vendors
- Build the team as the Company Grows
- 7 – 10 years experience leading a Finance Team; additional experience serving on an Executive or Senior Leadership Team.
- MBA or CPA Required
- Recent experience scaling a finance team from inception to multi-million in annual revenues
- Strong knowledge of corporate finance and accounting experience with financial analysis and forecasting, including experience with three statement financial modeling, preparing statistical reports, and making recommendations based on analysis and research
- Strong knowledge of and experience with financial reporting and tax processes
- Mastery knowledge of Microsoft Office, G-Suite and accounting software
- Comfort in the startup environment and able to create structure and foundational accounting processes
- Strong priority management skills
- Proven experience leading, managing, and hiring a team
- Strong oral and written communication skills.