Head of Finance, External Manufacturing
In addition to its internal manufacturing network, Roche is highly active in the external manufacturing space and this position offers a great opportunity for a dynamic finance professional with a strong executive presence to develop his/her career with one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
The Head of Finance, External Manufacturing is responsible for providing strategic direction and financial oversight of Roche’s 800 million CHF Global External Manufacturing business covering a portfolio of 40+ contracts worldwide.
In addition, this role provides managerial oversight of the financial controlling for the North American Supply Chain organization, as well as Genentech’s 1 billion CHF intercompany and 3rd party pricing process.
The position can be based South San Francisco (preferred) or Basel, reports directly to the Head of Supply Chain Finance in Basel and is responsible for leading a global finance team located in SSF and Basel.
- Partner with the heads of the External Manufacturing Leadership Teams in operations and quality, influence and help navigate the business to achieve strategic, operational and financial goals.
- Drive the financial performance management process for External Manufacturing and oversee monthly reporting, budgeting and forecasting (T0-T3 cycles), business plan and standard costing.
- Lead financial analysis for business cases and contract negotiations, including pro-forma financial models, cost comparables, valuations and make vs buy.
- Influence front line negotiations with 3rd Parties and support contract process (due diligence, RFP analysis and final approval).
- Partner with CMO staff located at contract manufacturing sites to resolve financial issues with potentially sensitive situations and structure transactions in line with Roche’s accounting (ICFR/FGAR), tax and legal requirements.
- Oversee financial controlling of the North America Supply Chain organization and Genentech’s 1 billion CHF intercompany / 3rd party pricing and true-up process (e.g., Roche, Chugai, Novartis, Ipsen, Zanyaku).
- Proactively communicate and coordinate with other functions across the organization, including strategy, supply chain, legal, commercial, accounting and tax.
- Develop a staff of finance and accounting professionals to maintain a high performing team.
- Drive continuous improvement to optimize work processes, financial performance and operational decision-making.
Who You Are
- Undergraduatedegree in Mathematics, Economics or Business. MBA, CPA or equivalent.
- A minimum of 10 years in finance, financial services and/or strategic advisory services and a minimum of 5 years in a leadership role, preferably in a global pharmaceutical or biotech environment.
- Experience in front line operations (e.g. Finance head for sales affiliate).
- Highly driven and independent self-starter and pro-active leader. Seeks to continually drive and inspire the organization to the next level of performance.
- Strong communication and presentation skills and demonstrated success in building partnerships across organizational boundaries. Commitment to customer service with a strong sense of ownership for projects and results is a must.
- Ability to work in a diverse global environment anticipating irregular hours with some international travel.
- Solid understanding of finance and accounting concepts, processes and systems.
- Proven track record in planning and managing financial processes in a complex environment.
- Demonstrated success building partnerships across all levels within an organization.
- Cost accounting experience is major plus.
- Highly proficient in both spoken and written English.
Job ID: 2566273723