The Head of Finance & Corporate Controlling will be responsible for Accounting, Finance, Treasury, and Stock Administration at Touch of Modern. This includes the development of financial models and scenario planning, preparation of financial budgets and variance analyses, accounting, and cash management. The ideal candidate will be a business strategist with deep experience in accounting and finance, and have a strong passion for operational excellence. This role will be part of the senior executive team, define the company strategy, manage a small team of direct reports and external parties, and represent the company vis-a-vis investors, lenders, and strategic partners.
- Prepare and present investor, lender, and strategic partner materials, and play a leading role in any fundraising and/or partnership negotiations efforts.
- Develop annual/quarterly/monthly corporate and functional budgets and manage their implementation.
- Develop and refine financial models, incl. scenario planning, and provide timely and actionable variance analyses.
- Produce timely and accurate financial reporting in accordance with GAAP, incl. month-end closes and annual audits.
- Maintain stock ownership records and manage 409A stock valuations
- Continuously improve accounting, reporting, cash management, and financial planning systems, processes, and policies.
- Drive the development and refinement of ERP, BI, and business management systems.
- Provide accounting and finance guidance in the exploration of new business initiatives, incl. expansion into new verticals and distribution channels.
- Manage a small team of accounting, controlling, and FP&A professionals as well as external parties such as auditors and 409A valuation consultants.
- CPA with public accounting experience (Big4 is a plus)
- 10+ years of recent financial accounting experience in ecommerce, retail, consumer or data-driven industry
- A minimum of 5 years experience with managing and scaling an accounting and/or FP&A team
- Demonstrated success in improving accounting operations, cash management, systems, processes and controls, and taking an accounting and finance organization from good to great.
- Strong intellectual and emotional leadership skills with a clear sense of “true north”
- Integrity, empathy, pragmatism, and the willingness to put the business and team first
- A resourceful, action-oriented individual who knows how to overcome obstacles in the right way to get things done in a timely fashion
- Proven ability to inspire and develop talent across a range of experience and skill sets
- MBA or other graduate degree with an emphasis on strategy and finance