Since 1851, MassMutual’s commitment has always been to help people protect their families, support their communities, and help one another. This is why we want to inspire people to Live Mutual. We at MassMutual value diversity and inclusion. We’re people helping people.
A career with us means you will work alongside exceptional people and be empowered to reach your professional and personal goals. Our employees are the foundation of what makes MassMutual a strong, stable and ethical business. We seek and value unique and varied perspectives and experiences because we believe we are stronger when all voices are heard. We invite you to bring your bright, innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions of Americans rely on each other.
Together, we’re stronger.
The Finance Communications and Strategy team executes a wide range of activities related to the financial stewardship and strategic focus of the Enterprise. Focused on Enterprise business and financial results, the Finance Communications team is responsible for the presentation of financial information – in an appropriate context – to executive management, the Board and external audiences.
The Head of Finance Communications will lead the team responsible for artful communication of MassMutual’s financial messages to internal and external constituents including rating agencies, departments of insurance and investors. This team is also responsible for collaborating with HR in the design and management of incentive compensation programs including competitive analysis of the financial performance of our peers and advice on the development of the associated enterprise financial targets and metrics.
- Develop key messages and presentation material for CFO in preparing for external presentations (rating agencies, regulators, potential large clients or investors, etc.) ensuring alignment with financial planning and analysis reporting
- Primarily liaison for supporting financial requests from external parties (investor relations, regulators, DOI, etc) in order to ensure messaging aligns with MassMutual’s broader strategic direction and other communications
- Provide analysis and associated reporting for ELT & BOD HR committee with respect to compensation programs (Annual and Long Term Incentive Plan) including oversight of Barings, OFI and MM LTI calculations
- Analyze & assess the financial performance of competitors to advise senior leadership as well as the BOD regarding appropriate performance targets for MM
- Acting as primary liaison between finance and strategic communications team in developing and reviewing key financial messages for internal and external communications (CEO/CFO talking points, annual report, etc)
- Coordinate materials for ELT monthly reporting package
- Individual typically has 10-15 years of related experience
- BS/BA in business, finance, or quantitative discipline
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Self-starter with a high level of motivation, energy and enthusiasm
- Strong analytic and problem solving capabilities, coupled with detail orientation and intellectual curiosity
- Able to integrate and synthesize large amounts of data and information from multiple sources, to obtain broad understanding and identify and explain drivers of variation
- Ability to multi-task and work quickly and accurately under tight deadlines
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Some knowledge of financial dynamics and profitability drivers
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future.
- MBA or other similar advanced degree
- Experience with financial models and/or analytic tools a plus
Ranked No. 77 in the annual FORTUNE ® 500 Ranking (FORTUNE ® Magazine, June 2017) and recognized as a World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere, MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company owned by our policyowners, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It’s more than our company structure – it’s our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources, and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.
Focus on the Customer: We understand our customers well and look for every opportunity to deliver an experience that is clear, easy, personal, human, empowering and trustworthy.
Act with Integrity: We deliver on our promises by being open, honest and humble and by adhering to the letter and spirit of applicable laws, rules, regulations and company policies.
Value People: We respect and learn from each other’s diverse backgrounds, experiences and ideas. We engage and develop people to their greatest potential.
Work Collaboratively: We work together to achieve results by actively listening, seeking, understanding and creating solutions as a unified team driving toward one company, one culture, one brand.
Achieve Results: We focus on winning by exceeding expectations and getting better – everyone, every day.
For more information, visit www.massmutual.com or find us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+, Instagram and Pinterest.