About the Team: Our skilled, multidisciplinary team provides full spectrum marketing support to drive revenue and growth. Product marketing, demand generation, field marketing, content marketing, digital, design – you name it, and provided it delivers value to AppDirect and our customers, we do it. We work closely with every team at AppDirect HQ in downtown San Francisco, as well as our 10+ global offices.
About You: AppDirect is looking for an experienced Head of Field Marketing with 8-10 years of event management experience to produce AppDirect’s annual conference Engage, as well as all of our hosted event and trade show calendars.
The Head of Field Marketing role involves the development, execution, measurement and reporting of customer-facing demand generation events and programs that support sales goals. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a new and exciting marketing team at one of the fastest growing B2B companies around. The potential for career development is huge and the ability to have company-wide impact is equally big.
This role is a major part of the demand generation team within the larger marketing organization. This role will have one direct report at the time of hiring, with the potential for others as the team and company grow. The ideal candidate will have a clear understanding of driving customer value and business revenue through field marketing. You and your team member will own our global trade show program, as well work with marketing and sales leadership on the overall marketing promotion strategy and tactics for events.
If you have a meticulous attention to detail, exceptional communication and project management skills, and a drive to develop your career in field marketing, this position is for you!
What you’ll do and how you’ll make an impact:
- Field Marketing / Events - design and execute AppDirect’s event strategy and to deliver high business awareness and sales funnel growth while ultimately driving revenue in bookings, in a cross-functional environment. Manage all aspects of events experience and growth, from program conception through development and execution, to performance evaluation and improvement cycles. Plan and execute promotional campaigns for each of your events.
- Own our annual conference Engage - you will be the maestro driving all deliverables and production elements for our annual conference Engage (www.appdirect.com/engage). Drive project schedules, manage presenters and presentation development, adhere to budgets, and oversee functions including event planning and event management. Interface directly with vendors, technology partners, and customers to manage demos and booth logistics. Work with the marketing and sales teams to determine appropriate collateral, sponsorships, and promotions for each event.
- Drive results and ROI - monitor and measure the success of events and evaluate results against organizational goals. Continuously strive for improvement.
- Help develop new field marketing programs – explore and develop new programs to increase operational excellence and drive growth.
- Be a successful self-starter – be smart, resourceful and a resilient self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment where initiative and innovation are required.
- Collaborate – develop partnerships with sales, product, PR, executive leadership, and agency teams to ensure an integrated, multi-channelevent marketing approach.
- Get stuff done – you're a proven DO-er who has led successful marketing campaigns with demonstrable results. You are hands-on with everything and don’t rely on delegation to get stuff done.
- Learn – gain experience in all aspects of the marketing and sales function from subject matter experts, while gaining valuable knowledge about the fastest-growing cloud industry.
- Be challenged and have fun - you will be challenged and tested to maximize your potential, and it will be fun. You will come to work every day knowing what is expected of you, while at the same time being able to determine how you’ll work to accomplish your goals.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, hospitality, business, or a related field
- 8-10 years experience in event management and field marketing, including managing concurrent trade shows and a large hosted conference from end to end
- Demonstrated history and expertise in creating and executing promotional campaigns, project management, event planning best practices, housing/rooming management, sponsorship strategy, and vendor management.
- Meticulous, detail-oriented, analytical, and data-driven
- Exceptionally proactive with a willingness to “learn, then do, then master, then teach”
- Demonstrated excellence with written communications, project management, and time management
- Demonstrated leadership and track record in building and optimizing event/conference experiences driving growth
? Ability to get things done, quickly and effectively
- B2B performance marketing experience is ideal, preferably in the technology industry
- Experience in demand generation, field marketing, and content marketing is a big plus
- Competency in CRM systems, web / automation platforms, and analytics tools is a big plus (e.g., Salesforce, Hubspot, Marketo, Eloqua, etc.)