Working at Maersk brings a unique blend of being part of a conglomerate with rich heritage and an exuberant, enthusiastic, fast-paced logistics company. We believe in encouraging our employees to learn, take risks, and grow their career. You bring your hands-on work ethic, positive attitude and strong leadership skills. We provide you with a range of unique opportunities from operations to customer service that will accelerate your development in one of the world’s leading logistics companies which is part of a Fortune 500 global organization.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages which include but are not limited to:
• A competitive salary
• A comprehensive medical/dental plan
* 401K Contributions
• Paid time off
• Tuition Reimbursement
• And More
The Head of Facility is responsible for the overall performance of the distribution center. This individual, organizes staffs, directs, and controls all office and warehouse activities. The Head of Facility works closely with other members of senior management in establishing warehouse performance objectives and standards. Moreover is accountable for achieving prescribed company objectives in regard to cost, productivity, accuracy, and customer service. The Facility Head is responsible to manage all aspects of customer requirements including but not limited to: inventory accuracy, shipping, receiving, P&L responsibility, rate requirements and development of incentive programs.
• Operations: Ensure the development of systems and procedures for operating and managing physical facilities, human resources, and equipment in a profitable manner. Plan, direct and implement warehouse operations, procedures and support to meet prescribed productivity and service levels.
• Labor Management: Directs the operation of the warehouse team to achieve prescribed objectives and standards. Develop and maintain a productive, motivated work force by ensuring effective hiring, training and development of distribution center associates. Manages labor cost for improved productivity. Provides timely and appropriate performance reviews to all direct reports and ensures the same is done for all associates.
• Customer Service: Maintain a professional and courteous relationship with all customers (internal and external). Establish programs to improve customer awareness at all levels in the organization. Maintain records and reports to ensure customer service levels are being met. Develop and maintain strong partnership with customers and vendors in order to achieve financial results.
Other Duties/ Responsibilities:
• Inventory Management: Ensures all customers objectives and standards are met in regards to inventory accuracy. Is accountable for the inventory assets of the facility as it pertains to loss/damage.
• Safety/Housekeeping: Develop, implement, and maintain appropriate programs to ensure that all safety and housekeeping standards and objectives are met. Assure compliance to regulations in regard to safety certification to forklift drivers, and OSHA guidelines.
• Equipment and Facility: Procure equipment and facility preventative maintenance services to assure efficient operations of all facets of the center. Maintain suitable equipment and services to assure security of customer and company assets.
• Identify and implement changes in areas for potential cost savings and process improvement
• Drive automation within processes (i.e.: invoicing) to achieve long term cost and efficiency savings
• Ensure compliance with all applicable Federal, State and Local legal requirements
• Mentor, Coach and provide continuous feedback to colleagues.
• Performs job related duties as specified by management
We are looking for
• College Degree preferred
• Minimum 7 years industry experience in a 3PL environment and company owned distribution center or warehouse facility.
• Minimum 7 years supervisory or managerial experience.
• Skills in planning, controlling, staffing, budgeting, organizing, and communicating are required.
• The ability to develop effective relationships, provides leadership, and integrates diverse activities and individuals toward achieving distribution objectives and standards are critical.
• Ability to develop and execute a root cause analysis and fix
• Ability to develop new and innovative operational solutions
• Excellent networking, relationship building/maintenance, and communication and presentation skills
• Financial acumen, ability to make effective decisions, and experience managing projects and risk
• High level of ability with computer skills, to include, but not be limited, to Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, and SharePoint as well as MAERSK proprietary systems knowledge
• Self-started attitude
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to life minimum of 50 pounds