State Street Global Advisors (SSGA) is embarking on a multiyear strategic transformation and growth initiative which will focus on simplifying our overall operating model. As part of this strategy, SSGA is seeking a self-motivated, hands-on, professional to facilitate and lead the overall non-personnel expense (inclusive of fund expenses) and vendor management functions.
We are looking to build efficiencies, develop a holistic spend management process, establish and re-engineer a new data governance and data management approach with a focus on expenses. Additionally, we are seeking to realize greater value from our third party relationships as well as ensure we effectively manage the risks inherent in these arrangements.
In this role, you will help identify and drive simplification and provide strategic input to initiatives. You will also focus on building control frameworks and optimization of internal processes, work flows and interfaces to improve efficiency and reduce expenses.
You will have a track record running large, complex and horizontal initiatives within financial services, ideally in the asset management industry and driving global transformation with a targeted focus on all expenses (excluding compensation).
You will work closely with business leadership and partners across the company including Finance, Enterprise Information Management, Procurement and Investments and Operations in a collaborative manner.
This is a senior management role that reports to the CFO of Global Advisors.
- Leadership of combined Market Data, Expense Management and Vendor Risk and Vendor Performance Management
- Drive operating model transformation
- Lead strategic negotiations driving greater value for our business
- Champion Global Advisor’s strategic cost transformation and transparency efforts
- Ensure inherent risks of third party relationships are being effectively managed
- Realize increased value and secure performance improvements from third party vendors while lowering the overall cost of ownership of these relationships
- Manage internal relationships and facilitate escalation / prioritization of Global Advisors deliverables
- Align with Corporate spend management policies and drive dynamic expense management processes in support of the Asset Management business
- Collaborate globally to ensure operating spend is aligned with revenue offsets in order to improve margin
- Challenge business processes and enable a strong expense management mindset to drive cost savings
- Identify and mitigate issues and risks, as well as assess the impact of alternative courses of action
- Develop collaborative working relationships with key internal partners
- Continuously drive opportunities for operating model optimization
- You will be detail oriented, organized and have a proven track record of driving change and implementing results
- Analytical, creative problem solver with strong ability to multi-task
- You have the ability to coach, mentor and develop negotiation skills across team members and business partners
- Drive and Motivation - you successfully handle multiple tasks, own improvement in your performance, work intensely towards challenging goals and overcome obstacles
- You have excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills, and are comfortable interfacing and presenting to senior leadership in concise, well-planned, and clear manner
BA/BS in business. Advanced degree or CPA or equivalent preferred
20 years’ prior relevant experience
Proven track record of driving complex horizontal transformation initiatives including those that significantly reduce expense
Experience in Asset Management
Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them handle risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are important to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.