This role is about generating and closing new opportunities, while playing a key role supporting the Revenue Team - here are are a few key expectations:
- Run a Sales Process: From your first day, you will be expected to manage real customer opportunities through a sales process, from initial engagement to pricing discussions to final contract negotiations. At any given time, you may have as many as 50 - 100 opportunities in various stages of that process.
- Salesforce: Work with our head of Revenue Operations to manage the day-to-day development of your opportunities and in some cases those of your teammates in Salesforce.
- Know the Tech: Quickly get up to speed on Marqeta's technical capabilities, the unique features and customer benefits our platform offers and how to speak with confidence, knowledge and credibility about what we bring to our customers.
- Contracting: Work with our legal team as required to shepherd both inbound and outbound opportunities through the contracting process, including negotation and execution.
- Numbers Fanatic: Be obsessed about hitting your numbers and supporting the rest of the Revenue Team in achieving our collective goals for the organization.
In addition to proven sales experience, we’re on the hunt for the following attributes
- 15+ years experience in quota-driven, successful sales roles
- Understand how to optimize the sales cycle from lead to opportunity to live account
- Familiarity and ease with technology, B2B technology applications and how technology platforms serve customer businesses
- Strong understanding of the payments ecosystem, with a particular focus on Expense Management and/or Disbursements
- Ability to prioritize, manage, and deliver on multiple projects simultaneously; highly motivated and able to work against aggressive schedules
- Superior communication skills (interpersonal, verbal, presentation written, email)
- Positive attitude, team player, adaptable, resourceful, and self-starter who is able to work independently
- Formal sales training from Salesforce.com, LinkedIn or othertechnology-oriented sales program highly preferred
- Bachelor’s Degreerequired
Personal Characteristics: Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high quality deliverables. A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance and craves high quality feedback from colleagues. Reliable, tolerant, and determined. Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view. At home in a high-paced, intense but informal start-up environment.
Business and Selling Skills: You truly love customer interactions, diving deep into the numbers and influencing people and outcomes. You make things happen and simply put, produce results. You excel in your communications, whether face-to-face, email, phone or otherwise, and can successfully navigate inter-personal dynamics with a variety of business owners, managers and stakeholders.