Brief Description of the Organization
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve.
Citi's Global Consumer Bank (GCB) is building a purpose-driven team to serve its globally diverse, digitally forward customers in top cities around the world. We're looking for exceptional candidates who think digitally and differently, resolve problems in unconventional ways and strive to provide a remarkable experience for our clients. We define success by our Citi Leadership Standards: Develops our People, Drives Value for Clients, Works as a Partner, Champions Progress, Lives our Values and Delivers Results.Overview of the Role
Citi's Global Consumer Technology (GCT) organization serves the GCB global suite of products providing a full range of innovative and comprehensive set of services. Our businesses also offer industry-leading advanced technology, a strong worldwide presence and a powerful global franchise.
Reporting to the Global Consumer Bank Head of Technology, the GCT Head of Engineering and Architecture Practice is the most senior GCB technology leader responsible for strengthening and modernizing GCB's architecture and engineering capabilities. This role will collaborate effectively with the other GCT leaders to align roadmaps and priorities that require engineering and architecture support. The role is preferably based in Irving, but has global remit across the 19 markets that the Global Consumer Bank operates in.
Organizational Scope and Accountability
- Help to establish and drive the vision and overall IT direction for GCB, in a way that aligns with strategic business objectives
- Provide overall oversight for GCT-level reference architecture frameworks and standards (e.g. business architecture, information/data, applications & platforms, infrastructure, etc.)
- Establish and monitor effective architectural and engineering controls and governance processes, consistent with policies and standards, in a manner that aligns to the firm's risk appetite
- Drive innovation, agility, and quality in how GCT designs, develops, manages software engineering, drawing from industry best practices and techniques
- Drive the adoption of new software development practices (e.g., agile) and architectures (e.g., API, microservices)
- Conduct relationship management with key vendor and external ecosystem partners which may include major services providers
- Partner with Enterprise Technology to strengthen overall firm IT's processes, technology, tooling and risk management protocols, policies and standards
- Ensure Citi's technology is continually improved and of the highest quality on a global scale.
- Proactively manage internal talent pipeline and build external networks to attract top-tier talent. Attract and develop talent to meet our client's needs and ensure forward compatible success.
- Promote and grow a highly innovative and industry leading technology and engineering culture.
- Ultimate accountability for quality of the technology (cost and services) provided by Consumer Engineering and Architecture. This includes driving excellence in product & service delivery, risk mitigation, compliance, financial commitments, and talent management.
- Incumbent will provide vision, leadership, and direction for Consumer Engineering and Architecture; and drive organizational effectiveness, re-engineering, and superior products / services within an environment of continuous learning and growth.
- Lead a large team employees and contractors located globally.
- Manage assets to effectively control and utilize a large budget.
- Establish and maintain a high performing, open culture based on integrity and strong partnership and financial responsibility.
- Provide leadership to lead convergence, standardization, and simplification of local technology platforms, infrastructure, processes, and organizations, in coordination with each Global Technology function.
- Drive disciplines in the area of SDLC and other elements of software engineering in order to have repeatable, high quality and on-time delivery.
- Facilitate alignment of local needs and the Global Technology strategy.
- Maintain strong relationships with senior business partners, control organizations, other technology functions and external regulators and vendors.
- Participation and accountability to the CIO Council, and other key forums as appropriate.
- Manage regional and country-level governance, regulatory, and controls processes to meet all requirements and maintain and address any control, consent and regulatory items to ensure proper operational risk and standards are met.
- Champion an inclusive and diverse global mindset to attract, develop and advocate a deep and diverse talent pool within the organization that includes effective coaching and development.
The ideal candidate will come from an international organization and be a global visionary leader in engineering/technology who will drive priorities while balancing risks, capital allocations, and change complexities throughout the enterprise.
- 15+ years of demonstrated Sr. Technology Leadership roles in the financial industry or a related field with a strong understanding/focus on digital technologies to include middleware integration; agile/iterative application development, microservices architecture, API strategy and Cloud computing.
- Bachelor degree in computer science, information technology, software engineering or a related field; Master's degree preferred.
- Experience building consumer-facing applications and virtual technologies expertise is preferred. A rounded knowledge of all aspects of the technology stack in a large scale, complex organization is critical.
- Successful track record as a change leader in a large and complex environment.
- Demonstrated ability to take an organization from a perspective of legacy technology to a position of industry leading technology innovation.
- Possess a track record of transforming a global business through strong execution and delivery.
- Experience running or creating an agile methodology that is deeply ingrained in the fabric of a large scale technology function.
- Strong talent focus and ability to successfully recruit and develop experts from leading organizations across the globe.
- Ability to communicate a compelling vision and inspire others to deliver on an ambitious, complex, global roadmap.
- Ability to engage and influence stakeholders at all levels within an organization, from the most technical engineer to the most savvy business / executive leader.
- Possess uncompromising ethics, unwavering integrity and understanding of risk & regulatory process, as well as outstanding communications and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with the major line of business activities within Citi Global Consumer Bank. Broad financial expertise with knowledge of corporate affairs, financial and economic fundamentals, and business policies, products, processes, systems and roles.
- Be creative and passionate, driven by a desire for innovation and creation of an amazing client experience - smart risk taking - outside the box thinking.
- Builds talent and develops teams including celebrating excellence, initiative and courage; actively looks to recruit highest level talent.
- Enables economic value and positive social impact for clients, companies, governments, and communities.
- Works collaboratively and encourages others to achieve the best results for our clients.
- Thinks globally to promote alignment of overall strategy across regions and customization within various regions.
- Champions a culture of high standards, pushes for progress, embraces change and challenges the status quo.
- Stays up to date with industry trends and brings industry knowledge to Citi while exemplifying a transformational mindset.
- Demonstrate an ability to identify and act upon unique insights and apply them to solve unmet needs and an expertise leveraging/synthesizing competitor, emerging technology, and other marketplace trends to draw out implications to support the team's overall mission and goals.
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
-------------------------------------------------Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the "EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting