Candidate will have overall accountability for the design and delivery of desktop and mobile computing across the enterprise. The technology landscape includes desktop and mobile environment, remote access, messaging & collaboration services, and video conferencing. This person should be able to motivate and inspire cross-functional global teams to provide the most effective, customer-focused solutions.
About the role:
- Directs strategy and planning for End User Computing across the enterprise.
- Sets department direction and motivates staff to achieve direction.
- Supports the change management function as it applies to End User Computing.
- Responsible for design and delivery of desktop support services across organization- includes support of all end user compute components including but not limited to hardware/software/networking.
- Responsible for working with global teams in aligning and integrating corporate desktop & mobile computing environment across lines of business.
- Lead and manage a team Engineers and Support personnel directly responsible for all desktop and/or mobile computing related initiatives/projects.
- Increase standardization of core processes; improve processes in support of strategic imperatives and programs.
- Manage deliverables relating to implementing pilots and prototypes.
- Collaborate with vendors/service providers to implement standards required within organization
- Manage team responsible for all IT break-fix activities enterprise wide.
- Responsible for enterprise wide desktop quality assurance and software packaging.
- Accountable for managing the Messaging & Collaboration Services - new builds, enhancements, maintain and break/fix activities. Responsible for managing the hardware/software components of the messaging exchange system.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in technical or business discipline or related experience
- Generally more than 10 years related experience with 5 years in a leadership role.
- Advanced knowledge of management concepts, practices and techniques.
- Ability to set vision and lead an environment consisting of multiple teams.
- In-depth knowledge of IT concepts, strategies and methodologies and their application to business opportunities.
- In-depth knowledge of business operations, objectives and strategies.
- In-depth knowledge of project planning methodologies and tools and IT standards and guidelines.
- Highly developed negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills; strong presentation skills.
- Advanced knowledge of desktop and collaboration tools.
- Experience working with global vendors in highly complex environments.