We are committed to creating a diverse workplace. We recognize it starts from within: with our people, culture, and the product we create. Our Head of Diversity & Inclusion will lead to these outputs. We are looking for a visionary leader to develop and implement our workplace diversity strategy. Reporting into our CHRO this role will lead the company’s efforts in creating Splunk’s diversity and inclusion strategy and multi-year roadmap that will help attract a diverse workforce and ensure our employees continue to feel they’re in an inclusive environment where they can grow their careers and do their very best work. This role will also leverage the power our data to gain valuable insights regarding the company’s diversity metrics and use this information to drive meaningful action and progress in direct partnership with our business leaders.
Key Responsibilities of this new role include:
- Serve as an influential leader, change agent and internal consultant to provide strategies, solutions, training, tools, resources, and thought leadership on diversity and inclusion across the organization.
- Utilize Splunk’s employee information to analyze data regarding our diversity metrics. Utilize those insights to build the diversity strategy referenced above.
- Use data collected across the lifecycle, external benchmark data, and best practices in the industry to design new programs, practices, and policies.
- Provide strategic guidance and operational assistance in the development of enterprise strategies for diversity and inclusion, including governance structure, policies, procedures, action plans and processes to effectively support leadership accountability for leading diversity to achieve global competitive advantage.
- Initiates and advances action-oriented programs and outreach to improve recruitment and retention in the area of diversity & inclusion.
- Spearhead outreach efforts to diversity organizations and veteran organizations to educate about opportunities within our organization, documenting all efforts.
- Develop and implement appropriate measurements to track diversity efforts and accomplishments and report progress to senior leadership, auditing our current state as a workplace and driving solutions internally
- Lead the development and promotion of Splunk’s Diversity and Inclusion employment brand
- Build coalitions with partners and external stakeholders that will help us forward D&I in our own talent mix and recruiting pipelines
- Provide leadership and guidance for employee-run affinity groups.
- Consult to improve our organization’s environment; ensuring we foster a culture that is inclusive, innovative, willing to take risks, that proactively leverages multiple dimensions of diversity.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition, Talent Development and HR Business Partners to continuously seek opportunities to promote diverse talent within the company and develop company-wide awareness of diversity and inclusivity.
- Partner with the segments/functions to develop integrated strategies for talent management of a diverse global leadership pipeline with a focus on accountable leadership for employee development, succession planning, engagement, retention and advancement.
- Partner with college relations in areas to include but not limited to driving and ensuring diversity and military veteran opportunities to recruit are maximized, compliance obligations for equal employment opportunity are achieved and federal contractor requirements are properly addressed as is required by law.
- Collaborate with Splunk for Good, Employee Programs and Communications, Learning and Development and Procurement to integrate or embed diversity and inclusion practices into existing programs. The role also oversees the company’s Leadership Development Program for Diverse Talent, is a member of the Inclusion Network and is responsible for the company’s global recognition program.
- Develop a diversity & inclusion communications strategy that will keep team members informed about diversity programs and policies.
- Work with business leaders to provide insights, resources, tools and actions that increase the organization’s focus on driving action in promoting diversity and inclusion at Splunk.
- Ensure all employment diversity-related efforts on behalf of the company are performed in the spirit of best practices with results properly retained in accordance to company and legal standards to demonstrate compliance.
Serve as company spokesperson on all D&I matters both internally and externally
- Bachelor’s degreepreferred or equivalent experience in Human Resources, employee relations or related discipline.
- 7-10 years of leadership experience. Subject matter expertise in diversity & inclusion, unconscious bias, talent development, and organizational development within a global environment
- Knowledge of diversity and inclusion issues in all areas of the world is preferred. Strong global mindset, understanding of various global cultures, knowledge of global diversity is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including experience in developing and delivering presentations to senior management is required.
- Deep and broad business acumen with the ability to influence change is required.
- Execution focused and ability to translate need into strategy and action is required.
- Deep understanding of diversity measurement and evaluation