Highly-motivated; likes challenge; collaborative; committed to delivering high quality work… Did we describe you? Read on… Southern California Edison is one of the nation’s largest investor-owned electric utilities. We are an industry leader that is designing new and innovative ways to meet our customer’s needs. We are looking for highly motivated individuals who enjoy the challenge of working on key industry changing projects. We need your good ideas and your contributions to remain a leader in this industry. Position Overview: This Principal Manager, Diversity & Inclusion designs and leads the Company's strategy to promote cross cultural competence, workforce diversity, and foster an inclusive environment. The Principal Manager will also provide consulting, training and coaching for executives, leaders and employees on diversity and inclusion opportunities and issues, while providing various diversity and inclusion solutions in order to bring to life our diversity core values and align it to SCE’s overall talent and development approach. Typical responsibilities:
- Collaboratively leads the design of the Company’s workforcediversity and inclusion strategy. Conducts workforce analysis and organizational assessments to identify enablers and potential inhibitors of a workplace environment that is diverse and inclusive.
- Plans and directs the implementation of action plans in collaboration with key stakeholders across the Company. Monitors and reports on progress. Represents the Company as a diversity and inclusion subject matter expert at internal and external events and presentations.
- Works with the senior leadership and Employee Resource Group (ERG) leaders to maximize the Employee Resource Group’s contributions to the Company’s short and long term business strategies.
- Partners with stakeholders to invest in and develop ERG leaders and members. Responsible for the ongoing governance, evaluation and benchmarking of the ERGs, as well as evolving the ERG strategy to meet the Company’s needs.
- Collaborate with HR Business Partners, HR Centers of Excellence and line manager to measure and evaluate the effectiveness of D&I programs.
- Support business leaders and HR Business Partners in diagnosing diversity and Inclusion related issues, recommending potential solutions and executing organizational interventions for various business departments/functions.
- May select, manage, and evaluate vendors or consultants to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Represents the company on D&I issues with external partners and/or sponsors.
- Will build and execute diversity and inclusion strategies and programs and build them into our people practices. Influence decision making related to people practices and priorities through data, analysis, and recommendations.
- Engage with leadership across the business to drive diversity related messages throughout the organization.
- Manages resources and budget levels to meet strategic objectives and operational needs. Makes, recommends and/or approves employment decisions (e.g., hiring, promotion, appropriate pay, rewards/recognition, succession planning, and termination).
- Manages employee performance for both direct and/or matrixed reports.
- Establishes performance expectations and goals aligned with Company objectives, policies and procedures.
- Manages, trains and develops staff by providing timely feedback, coaching and support. Demonstrates Company values through decisions and actions.
- Promotes the Company’s safety culture to ensure a safe work environment.
- BachelorDegree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Organizational Behavior or related field.
- Ten years of experience working in the area of human resources, diversity and inclusion, community outreach, or a relevant, related discipline.
- Three years of people management experience.
- Five years of experience consulting with executives and managers.
- Three years of experience leading diversity and inclusion programs and initiatives.
Desired Requirements and Experience:
- Master’s Degreepreferred.
- Experience developing, managing and measuring strategies, projects and programs.
- Strong organizational change management experience.
- Provides thought leadership and stays abreast of current research and best practices in the D&I space.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with Equal Employment Opportunity law.
- Demonstrated experienceworking with and leading teams that collaborate with other organizations across the company.
- Demonstrated knowledge of other HR disciplines (sourcing, outreach, recruiting, employee and leadership development, workforce planning, etc.).
- Proven track record of creating and implementing diversity and inclusion solutions that make a difference.
- Fundamental understanding of business strategy and how to link D&I and HR initiatives to business activities. A strong consultant with demonstrated ability to understand business requirements and turn that analysis into actionable solutions.
- PHR or SPHR certification.
- Diplomatic and articulate communication style.
- Action orientation, superior attention to detail, project management and organizational skills.
- Passion for personal accountability, achievement, learning and continual improvement
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to integrate work across relevant areas, develop the business and services to enhance customer satisfaction and productivity, manage risks appropriately, develop and execute business plans, manage information, and provide exceptional service to internal and external customers.
- Must demonstrate effective resource and project planning, decision making, results delivery, team building, and the ability to stay current with relevant technology and innovation.
- Must demonstrate strong ethics, influence and negotiation, leadership, interpersonal skills, communication, and the ability to effectively manage stress and engage in continuous learning.
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain a safety conscious work environment.
- Excellent communication skills, highly competent presenter, ability to influence thinking and gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations, bias for action and tangible results, strong partnering skills
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- Mobility Policy - Link to Mobility Policy
- This position is eligible for relocation.