The Alkermes Biology Department is searching for an experienced drug discoverer for the Disease Biology group. The group is responsible for identifying and validating novel drug mechanisms with the potential to change current clinical practices. The group will drive target validation, identification of drug candidates for clinical development, and applytranslational approaches for characterization of drug candidates.
The successful candidate will be responsible for growing our CNS pipeline and developing our expertise in disease areas outside of the central nervous system, such as oncology and fibrosis.
Key responsibilities include:
- Build and lead a highly functioning team of scientists
- Contribute to formulation and execution of the R& D strategy
- Collaboratively with other functions contribute to the rapid development of innovative, high quality drug candidates
- Recruit and develop scientists
- Drive innovation, foster creativity and scientific excellence within and outside of the Biology Department
- Contribute to the overall development of the department
- Ensure high standards for safety, health, environment and governance compliance
- PhD, or equivalent, in biology with +15years industry experience.
- A strong track record in drug discovery
- Significant experience in a drug discovery environment, including key memberships in discovery projects
- Track record in mentoring and developing scientists
- Track record in external collaborations with academia and CROs and strategic partners
- Experience in working closely and collaboratively with otherdrug discovery and development functions
- Excellent communication skills, energetic and self-motivated