VanguardInvestments Canada is an indirect subsidiary of one of the world’s largest globalinvestment management companies, The Vanguard Group, Inc. What sets Vanguard apart-our unique mutual structure of The Vanguard Group aligns our interests with those of ourinvestors and drives the culture, philosophy and policies throughout the Vanguard organization worldwide. As a result, Canadianinvestors benefit from Vanguard’s stability andexperience, low costs and client focus.
The Head of Digital will design, lead, implement, and manage the overall strategic direction of Canada’s digital vision (i.e., web and mobile) with a client centric view, to assist in achieving Vanguard’s business and marketing objectives. This individual will lead the development, implementation and communication of a digital (website/mobile) strategic vision and long term strategy using the principles of User Centered Design. Additional responsibilities include:
- Advocates user centered design and emerging web technology; positioning Vanguard as an industry leader in services and technology.
- Responsible for leading the initial design and delivery of the public and secure sites for Canada investors in conjunction with marketing, the record-keeping engine vendor, other potential external vendors and VGI IT with the goal of developing a superior digitalexperience for investors. Responsible for the on-going management and enhancement of the sites as well.
- Build and manage the analytic strategy for gathering data to enhance the customer experience and customer knowledge.
- Builds strong relationships across Vanguards to ensure Legal/Compliance, Enterprise Risk Management, and Information Security teams are involved as required.
- With a focus on innovation, drive the User experience. Design the user experience strategy, testing strategy, and the evolution of our digital presence. Act as a liaison and SME to ensure the client experience, marketing, IT and business requirements are integrated.
- Leverages thought leadership to formulate innovative technology solutions to business problems based on business strategy, usage data, voice of client, survey results, competitive analysis, VUE, and personal experience. Develops, plans, and implements multi-year web programs and strategic initiatives for Vanguard website/mobile Translates business strategy into digital direction.
- Provides and leverages a variety of information gathering techniques, analyses web user demographics (e.g., special needs populations) and work flows to create web pages that enable users to complete tasks logically, quickly, and accurately, including finding information, transacting business, and communicating with target departments. Utilizes technical knowledge (including web, mobile, smart phone, tablet design principles, data modeling, programming, web infrastructure and platforms, web browser technology) to produce technically achievable and efficient solutions.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to disrupt and drive long-term behavioral design. Approach ongoing strategy with a lean/experimental mindset.
- Develops and maintains and advanced knowledge of the competitive web/mobilelandscape, providing this information to the business and IT to help shape web vision.
- Maintains a broad knowledge of internal digital projects and is proactive in finding opportunities for reuse. Ensures web related initiatives are properly coordinated
- Proactively keeps business areas and management informed of project status. Manages scope while taking business need, fiscal responsibility, and risk into consideration.
- An undergraduatedegreerequired, or an equivalent combination of training and experiencerequired; Graduate degreepreferred.
- Minimum of ten years general business experience, digitalexperiencepreferred
- Track record of successfully delivering an innovation and user centered project
- Strong client relationship management and negotiation skills required.
- Ability to work independently, with an affinity for strategic planning and visioning activities.
- Excellent presentation skills required (i.e., ability to present to various levels and groups).
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills required.
- Industry knowledge and awareness of competitors’ Web sites/mobile apps desirable
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position