You will partner very closely with our Corporate IT organization to ensure seamless alignment with our broader IT objectives, requirements, and innovation areas. This senior leadership position is part of our Global Management Team and reports to the Vice President of Corporate Marketing.
- Drive digital demand strategy, in close partnership with our demand and sales teams; leveraging the broad arsenal of marketing sciences and mechanisms including paid media, SEO, web personalization and optimization, AI tools, online chat, email marketing, community/social engagement, and more.
- Lead the “marketing sciences” function that leverages strategic marketing measurement to guide investments, improve business performance and strengthen customer experience. This includes but is not limited to driving unified measurement approaches, predictive analytics, funnel management, multi-touch attribution modeling, and artificial intelligence—all while operating the appropriate business rhythms to discuss insights and continuous learning actions with key stakeholders and executives.
- Lead strategy, standards, development, and ongoing optimization of Blackbaud’s global web properties, including Blackbaud.com/.ca/.au/.uk and strategic microsites for our endorsed and free-standing brands (ex. Blackbaud Institute, sgEngage, etc.).
- Oversee Blackbaud's cross-platform digital strategy, in partnership with Corporate IT, RDO and Customer Operations to ensure an excellent customer and partner experience; including collaborating on strategies and new innovations to enhance the Blackbaud.com user experience, both for prospects and the “logged in” experience for Blackbaud’s cloud customers.
- Lead special projects to support the business in accelerating ecommerce and other incubation areas that support our growth and retention strategies.
- Steward a best-practice model for digital content optimization across Blackbaud that leverages proven techniques to drive engagement among prospects and customers at all stages of the marketing/sales funnel and relationship journey.
- Oversee our highly specialized marketing automation team, and the associated ongoing platform integration and optimization work, to drive best-in-class campaigns and programs.
- Lead the global “marketing tech stack” strategy to ensure best-in-class systems and tools are deployed and leveraged internally to support the marketing engine in close collaboration with Corporate IT
- Oversee and administrate our contact data acquisition, management, enrichment, and governance standards and practices for the company in close partnership with IT, Corp. Privacy, and other teams
- Oversee the “Employee Sales Leads” program; training internal teams, driving increased adoption and identifying/implementing ongoing improvement efforts.
- Drive global strategy, standards, educational programming, and practices for social media, while overseeing a global “virtual” team of social media community managers and directly driving social engagement and marketing for corporate accounts.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in marketing or a related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- 15+ years in digital marketing with expertise across all digital disciplines
- Strong understanding and background in inbound marketing strategies to drive audience growth
- Proven track record implementing new technologies with a measurable return
- Change management expertise and the ability to deploy new process to optimize the digital operation.
- Experience with Bizible multi-touch attribution and the ability to leverage Bizible insights to drive optimizations across campaigns and inform channel investments
- Experienced manager of managers and individual contributors; experience managing both technical staff (ex. web developers, data analysts) and marketing staff
- Experience working with platforms and SaaS tools that support CRM, marketing automation, marketing and web analytics, content management, and other types of marketing engagement such as social
- Extensive experience with Drift platform required
- Deep understanding of revenue acceleration strategies, tools, and platforms such as intelligent chat
- Ability to demonstrate deep knowledge of internet marketing best practices that result in customer acquisition, retention and growth; strong understanding of diverse channels that drive traffic and conversion in a multi-channel context
- Demonstrated experience in all paid media channels including paid search, social, display, and native advertising; and associated techniques like retargeting, IP targeting, etc.
- Ability to bridge business and technical requirements and communicate effectively to stakeholders in an array of contexts such as business case development