My client is undergoing a major transformation and as a result they are looking to make some critical hires that will assist in that transformation.
They deliver innovative cloud-based solutions that facilitate superior end-user experiences through always-on services and real-time engagement. They are simplifying complexity to deliver the promise of mobility.
One of their key hires is the Head of Design-
In this role, you will -
- build the team of extremely talented visual & interaction designers and user researchers
- develop new comprehensive design framework in collaboration with product management and marketing & product marketing leaders
- define the process for engaging design from the inception phase of the new product development in collaboration with product and engineering teams
- collaborate across all business units and functions to bring the most beautiful and intuitive experiences to life
- balance between the art (intuition) and science (insights)
- inspire, influence and build trust throughout the company
- be hands on and lead by example
You'll thrive in this role, if you -
- are an amazing designer
- have a strong network of fellow designers that you inspire that you'd be able to bring onboard in your team
- stay constructively dissatisfied even with your best work and believe that with time & focus the best can be made better
- have mastered the art of working with geographically distributed teams
- feel very comfortable in a cross functional environment and know how to lead through thought leadership and influence and not through authority
- can build trust and long-lasting relationships with your counterparts
- are fun!
- 4years college degree or higher (MBA with design specialization preferred)
- At least 15years of experience in leading & growing design organizations
- Substantial experience as a design director & people manager at fast paced companies
- Track record of shipping visible products out to the end customers resulting in significant efficiencies
- Comfortable in leading design studios, design sprints and ideation exercises