$80K — $100K *
Are you a design leader? We're hiring a Head of Design at Percona as we make major investments in design thinking and user experience. This is a leadership role with significant impact across Percona as well as with our global customer base and user community.
What You Will Do
- You'll have the opportunity to build out your own team, as we expand from a single product designer to a modern EPD (Engineering, Product, Design) model
- You'll lead design for highly technical audiences and apply UX methods to both well-understood spaces like webapps as well as areas of rich opportunity, like CLIs / terminals
- You'll be the champion for design across Percona as well as with our customers and community. You will understand, apply, and crisply communicate the strategic value of design as it connects with Percona's goals.
- You'll establish and grow the practice and culture of design, building key internal partnerships and putting processes in place that enable consistent delivery with rapid iteration and innovation
What You Have Done
- Lead a design team - you know how to hire and develop great designers, and how to run a productive design cadence including cross-functional collaboration; you can represent us internally and externally
- User-centered design / design thinking - you can facilitate workshops & sprints easily, both internally & with customers from technologists to executives; you can effectively drive both convergent and divergent thinking to results and outcomes; you can guide generative and evaluative UX research and develop data-informed personas
- Driving design projects from conception to completion- rapid iteration with MVPs/prototypes at all levels of fidelity; you're comfortable working with the spoken word, paper/whiteboard sketches, wireframes, and interactive prototypes
- Experience working with complex/complicated workflows and/or with very technical users for B2B software products
- Proven success hiring, managing and developing contributors across all design roles, including product designers, UX researchers, visual designers, and more
Location/work schedule -
You should be able to cover 3-4 hours during US/EMEA overlap. Our team & key collaborators range from US -Central to Eastern European timezones (GMT-5 to GMT+3). Whether that's your daytime, early morning, or evening — we're open to it, as long as you're at your best.
Percona is a highly respected thought leader in the global open-source community. Our mission is to Keep Open Source Open. We provide services and software for MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL and MariaDB.
Percona is remote-only and globally dispersed - we have colleagues in more than 40 countries! We offer a collaborative, highly-engaged culture where your ideas are welcome and your voice is heard.
Our staff receives generous benefits including flexible work hours and paid time off, all your equipment for your remote office, funds for career development (external training, certifications, conferences) and the opportunity to participate in an equity incentive plan.
If you love the idea of working with a high-growth tech company that is one of the best in the business and known globally as a go-to in the open-source database space, let's talk.
Valid through: 1/24/2022