Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3.5 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
We're looking for an exceptional design leader whose curiosity and drive will propel the next generation of innovative experiences at Blend—and most importantly, grow and nurture the team and collaborative practice that will get us there.
First and foremost, you are fluent in and passionate about the transformative power of design, especially as it relates to experiences historically rooted in friction and barriers to access. You know that effecting the greatest change within financial services requires not only a rich pursuit into how people engage with their finances(and the institutions and services that guide them along the way), but also the nuance and complexity of the systems that underpin those interactions.
As a leader, though, you know that fostering a collaborative team of creative thinkers, guided by a highly agile and innovative practice is your best—and most rewarding—point of leverage. You thrive while steeped in the work and alongside fellow makers. But equally so in communicating the overarching vision of the work to executives and stakeholders of all altitudes across the organization. You are attuned to the power of proactive and strategic communication to not just bring visibility and alignment, but advocate for the voice of the team, as well as our customers and users.
How you'll contribute:
- We see this role contributing across 3 pillars of leadership: Vision, People and Process
- Partner within design and across the EPD and GTM organizations to evolve research and strategy for our growing range of products and experiences, ensuring thoughtful execution through roadmapping, priority setting, and design delivery.
- Drive the standards for experiences that are consistently of highest quality by championing our users and customers, and stewarding the work through the lens of our brand pillars and design principles.
- Mentor and grow a talented team to sharpen their craft and deepen their impact. Set clear goals, manage project loads, and ensure high-quality deliverables.
- Coach teams through the process of planning, navigating trade-offs, and creating meaningful customer experiences, furthering their growth and supporting autonomous, thoughtful decision-making.
- Proactively steward culture by creating a rich, dynamic environment that will attract and retain the best talent.
- Curate a process that elevates the existing strengths and working relationships across the team, increasing awareness of design impact, streamlining communication, and ensuring successful execution.
- Solve for impact by aligning with cross-functional partners through highly collaborative planning that is defined by clear prioritization of customer/user needs and business goals against strategic resourcing.
Who you are:
- A strong personal design ethos, honed through an in-depth understanding of human-centered design principles and methods, and a conviction that inspires discovery and innovation, effectively calculating risks and balancing feedback to get to decisions quickly.
- A fluency and passion for clear, compelling communication, inspiring and educating others across the organization at all fidelities. You'll help bring clarity to complex domains, influence and build consensus for important design-led initiatives, and articulate the concerns and expectations of the users and customers of our products.
- A genuine curiosity for learning and inquiry-led problem solving, especially as it relates to the organizational dynamics that are at the core of how we successfully deliver results.
- A well-tuned emotional intelligence, always leading by example with empathy and humility.
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, gym memberships, fitness classes and more
- Daily meal stipend for non-regularly remote employees during COVID-19 (and lunch, dinner,snacks, and Pizza Fridays provided in offices outside of COVID-19)
- Diversity and inclusion training
- Weekly mindfulness meditation class
- Weekly remote company all-hands
- 4 months of paid parental or personal leave
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation policy and companywide mental health days during COVID-19
- Work from home office set up stipend and internet stipend during COVID-19