oding Dojo is a global education technology company that offers a three-full-stack computer programming bootcamp, as well as courses on Data Science and other emerging technologies. The innovative curriculum and Learning Management System are designed to train students to become self-sufficient developers, regardless of their technical background. We also make it a mission to support underserved communities and increase diversity in the tech industry.
This position is a rare opportunity to join a rapidly growing company and make a positive impact in many people's lives. At Coding Dojo we pride ourselves on possessing a culture of execution that caters to wave makers rather than wave riders. If you're interested in joining a diverse and dynamic team who value speed, continuous improvement, measurement, focus, accountability, and always attacking the gap, you'll feel right at home at Coding Dojo.
Marketing and Sales (15% of the time)
- Work with marketing in being the “face” of the program. Lead the open houses, and events effort in driving student acquisition. Be part of the marketing asset creation such as being part of the marketing and sales videos in presenting Coding Dojo Data Science program in the best light and the best program in the industry.
- Support B2B sales as needed in being the domain expert.
Thought Leadership (5% of the time)
- Create video content and blog content to drive top of the funnel awareness assisted by PR and marketing teams. Attend conferences as needed as a speaker for thought leadership.
Instruction (40% of the time)
- Define a standard / structure in how lectures transition into labs for each instruction session for the part-time and full time programs, to create a most effective learning environment.
- Define the material / resources most relevant and necessary for students to use while teaching, e.g. the platforms and resources used in the classrooms.
- Monitor instruction to ensure proper instruction standards are in place and are executed most effectively to communicate Data Science subjects in the most effective way for students learning.
- Help ensure a standard in lecture format and style that stays consistent with Coding Dojo culture and is effective in Data Science education (lecture format and leading into labs).
Content Development (20% of the time and support by VP of Content)
- Define - and keep current - program competencies, skills, and technology (i.e. what skills students leave the program with)
- Define projects and portfolio deliverables that showcase the proficiency of those program competencies, skills, and technology
- Craft learning modules in alignment with course guidelines and Coding Dojo style guide
- Create learning materials to accommodate the necessary learning skills of the students, including written materials, and videos
- Craft learning activities that require students to produce and engage with situations, content, and problems commonly encountered in the workplace
- Build and manage all content in Coding Dojo’s LMS, providing feedback to the LMS PM when additional features are needed
- Revise every portion of the curriculum at least once a year based on staff and student feedback paired with industry best practices and needs
- Uphold ADA standards in all content mediums
- Report on student success metrics: Belt Exam Pass Rate, Curriculum NPS & CSAT, Retake Rate (when applicable), and Drop Rate
Instructional Design (20% of the time and support by VP of Learning Experience)
- Build summative assessments and rubrics to measure proficiency of program competencies.
- Build formative assessments to allow students to self-measure their learning progress and course correct / seek additional help
- Craft small group activities that engage students in teamwork, collaboration, and communication commonly encountered in the workplace
- Identify, recommend, setup, and manage any 3rd party technology needs to support industry-specific expectations and learning needs (e.g. virtual machines to practice white hat hacking skills)
- Roster and manage all incoming students in Let’s Rock / Course Calendar
- Collaborate with Learn Product Manager and Let’s Rock Product Manager to schedule stack schedules for start and end date
- Manage and monitor student enrollment
- Measure student learning for each student, adjusting instruction and content to accommodate learning needs
- Maintain student records in alignment with compliance purposes
- Provide feedback to students on their progress against the competencies, skills, and other learning outcomes at least weekly